Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through a really old White Dwarf this morning and I noticed mentioned of a future release about the Ordo Xenos along the lines of the Daemonhunters and Witchhunters codices. I'm just wondering if any knows what happened to that?

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
It never happened. GK's and SoB had lots of potential units, but Xenos hunters really did have quote so many obvious ones. It would have been really good but alas it never happened and doesnt look like it ever will.

·
4,491 Posts
Last thing GW needs to do is bring in new races.
Getting the current ones up to date should be priority #1, then the introduction of a Xenos Hunters codex could be a viable option. Although at this stage, id say the odds of them reconsidering the Xenos Hunters are 1000:1.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I actually think they should lower the number of races by merging the Inquisition into one big fat codex so they don't have to steal from marines or guardsmen. But hey, that's just me.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
if they did, it would probably be bigger than the current marine codex, same amount of fluff anoher codex will have, just a silly amount of lists XD

-deamon hunter list
-witch hunter list
-deathwatch list
-inducted ig/space marine list

i rekon it would easily top 200 pages. probably cost the same amount as the the marine dex as well

·
Registered
488 Posts
And what's so bad about that?
It wouldn't even need separate lists, it could use HQ choices that enable certain units or change the FOC slot of a certain unit, or whatever. It could all be one nice big list.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
And what's so bad about that?
It wouldn't even need separate lists, it could use HQ choices that enable certain units or change the FOC slot of a certain unit, or whatever. It could all be one nice big list.
never said anything was bad about it.
i think it would be cool to have a huge 'Inqusition' codex. im just saying that putting both current 'hunters in and a new 'alien hunters' set of units would lead up to a huge as hell codex.

one that i'd pick up for sure :laugh:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just imagine, nothing on the cover, no title, no Warhammer 40k device, no GW logo, nothing. Nothing but a big black tome with an embossed big fat stylized I in the middle of the cover.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
and 'dont panic' down the sleeve? :p

but anyhoo, on topic. i think they used the deathwatch kill team rules as a small tester so see how popular they were. people loved the fluff, but diddnt run dwkt very often, so it was probably put on a big backburner. i still live in hope that when the inqusition is released that they are included.

p.s. i say seporate lists because i'd imagine having all the units together would become some sort of cluster-fuck of what you can and cant take, since dh, wh and ah are very seporate arms of the I. imagine troops alone e.g.

troops:

grey knights
sister of battle
deathwatch marines
inq storm troopers
inducted guard
inducted space marines
transports (rhino and chimera)

you can only take so many squads of inducted guard/sm with an inquisitor. you can only take gk with a gk hq...etc

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I don't mean to piss on anyone parade, but you do know that if they ever did make a combined book a lot of the current options in each codex would be cut back or changed for balance. Not to mention certain units would appear in new army slots. Something like the following would be more reasonable.

Troops:
SoB, Gray knights, indoctrinated marines, Indoctrinated gaurdsmen (Don't take up FoC, but can't capture objectives, also have reduced kit options)

Elites:
Deathwatch marines, Gray Knight terminators ect.

Also expect everything to be dumbed down, but increased in effectiveness. So in other words no 200 page book. Realistically they would probably try to fit it into <100 page format. However this is assuming they ever do rework the inquisition codexes.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Troops:
SoB, Gray knights, indoctrinated marines, Indoctrinated gaurdsmen (Don't take up FoC, but can't capture objectives, also have reduced kit options)

Elites:
Deathwatch marines, Gray Knight terminators ect.
In my opinion the Deathwatch should also be troops, as they, at least currently, have a worse stat line that power armored Grey Knights, so they should make them both elite, or them both troops... But what if they made Deathwatch Terminators? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
In my opinion the Deathwatch should also be troops, as they, at least currently, have a worse stat line that power armored Grey Knights, so they should make them both elite, or them both troops... But what if they made Deathwatch Terminators? :scratchhead:
holy tits.... i think i smell a small project on my list :D

i would see a reason why a marine that uses termie armour couldnt be called up for deathwatch service :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts