Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Apathetic Megalomaniac
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's roleplay. Your the real General of the army you play, and you have to find a way to get your army to the battle(not transportation). What motivational tools would you use to get your army to the battlefield? This could be benefits, pride, threats, anything.

Well, I just started my first army, Imperial Guard, and I know most IG generals would use Commissars, threats, and "I may be bad, but I'm not 'Xenos' bad." But I think I would try to entice my Infantry with pensions, benefits, maybe take care of loved ones in case of death. You know, that kind of thing.

Look forward to what people have to say.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Harsh language and the threat of a magnifying lens.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
tell them each and every warrior-borther will be rewerded for fighting and dying in service to the chaos gods to acheive there objective, if they fail to achieve their objective their souls will be feasted on for all eternity by the scavengers of the warp and denyed greater rewards,

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
i would put a bone on a stick that stretches from their helmets, and that would make them move forward, if they win, they get the bone, if not, they have to eat Lidl brand dog food. (ps, i play space wolves)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well since my army is Orks, I guess it would be fairly easy for me, I'd promise my lads a good krumpin' against any 'un we'd be fighting, throw in a couple of barrels of Fungus Beer and Stompa/Gargant and I'd be set with a almost endless wave of boyz at my back. Heck, make it a Stompa/Gargant that runs on Fungus Beer!

·
Registered
40 Posts
TBH I'd just say that the Imperial Fists were on the planet/had once touched the planet and warrants an extermination of the populace "just for laughs" 'Nuff said (I play Iron Warriors)

·
Registered
616 Posts
great way to motivate space wolves:

point at the enemy and shout 'THEY HAVE BEER AND THEY DONT WANT TO GIVE US ANY!'

for my marines the 'courage and honour!' stuff should do

for my guard, hmmm. Perhaps not use commisars, but try to appeal to their sense of loyalty to the emperor. actually, commisars is simpler and more reliable

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
My Imperial Guard Regiment doesn't use Commissars which is allowed because of the unquestionable loyalty to the Aba Aba Mushira, The Most Holy Emperor, his Saint Lord Solar Macharius and their liberators and Lords, the Tribe of Al'rahem. Their spirtual needs and further motivation, boardering on fanatisium, is provided by Priests of the cult of the Redemption. BURN & PURGE!

·
Registered
275 Posts
my daemons. blood for the blood god!
my tau, in the name of farsight, we shall claim this planet!
my marines, take the STC, and show the enemy the weakness of flesh!

·
Registered
381 Posts
most IG generals would use Commissars, threats, and "I may be bad, but I'm not 'Xenos' bad."

Look forward to what people have to say.
I would change this slightly by saying I'm not Xenos bad, I'm worse:biggrin:

my eldar would also be easy be telling them we can all join the path of celebration after the war

·
Registered
343 Posts
But I think I would try to entice my Infantry with pensions, benefits, maybe take care of loved ones in case of death. You know, that kind of thing.
You'd bankrupt the imperium doing that!!!! That is if you play the IG the way they should be played, with only your command squads standing at the end of a battle. If this isn't happening, you're doing it wrong ;)

I'd get rattlings to deliver orders, while standing on the shoulders of ogryns. Failling that, i'm sure a please wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
93 Posts
well i play necons so, point silently at the enemy "Army marches" :D

·
Registered
887 Posts
tell them that we are being paid three times what we would if we where on the enemies side and that the enemy tried to get us to fight with them for free, then my troops would charge across the battlefield and try and kill them all,
or tell them that I've ordered an ordnance barrage on our position and then a lance beam following our path to the battlefield and if we don't start moving we're all dead.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
say the enemy has knowledge of the fallen commander or is a fallen themself. yup play dark angels.

·
Registered
23 Posts
1 SONG!
We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

EVEN CHAOS CANT TAKE THIS SHIT LOL

·
Banned
2,022 Posts
Blood for the Blood God! Kill Maim Burn!

y'know, stuff like that.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Cypher is the enemy general. *every dark angel and successor show up* and now you have competition. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts