Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I don't know, his ego might have been gigantic, and he's definitely a tactical genius, but brilliant? He wasn't an innovator or a creator. He was a destroyer and a ravager. That's usually not the actions of a genius.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I'd call Horus a leader.

He wasn't a scholar or an intellectual like Magnus or Lorgar, he didn't have the technical minds of Peretubo or Ferrus or the civic inclination of Guilliman. Of course he had a brilliant strategic mind, like all the Primarchs and was a great general but in their specialties it's likely each of the primarchs would have him beat. That doesn't matter though, beacsue they'd never go against Horus in the first place. He was more than a general or warlord, Horus was a leader, a monarch, a figure head.

He was charismatic, able to win others over and make those who served him love him. He knew how to delegate, to get the best out of people. He makes you want to follow him, you want to impress him, you want him to notice you. Sanguinius also has this nobility of spirit, this magnetism but Horus combines it with a sense of earthyness, he's 'one of the guys'. Effortlessly he's able to charm others and set them at ease, he becomes more than your commander or an aloof figure of awe, he's your comrade and friend.

It was Horus' brilliance in attracting and manipulating people which made him the best successor to the Emperor and was why half the galaxy rose with him.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Horus is the batman of Primarchs in that he knows all their strengths and weaknesses, and has contingency plans for each of them I'm sure. His main strength would be manipulation I think, one of the mind rather than tactics like Alpharius.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
In what way was Napoleon a Destroyer and Ravager?
Hit squads, mass deportations, ethnic cleansing, mass killing of civilians, anti-Semitism (apparently)...

Not all can be categorised as being a 'destroyer or ravager' but there are certainly an array of accusations that can be levelled at Napoleon (despite his military genius).

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Napoleon wasn't all bad: Clicky.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
No I would say he was the absolute average of all the primarchs, his "Genius" was in that he was average in every sector of intelligence and able to utilize them in tandem with one another.

The other primarchs excelled in particular sectors of intelligence, however they did not possess average and or above average levels of intelligence in all sectors of intelligence as Horus does.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
No I would say he was the absolute average of all the primarchs, his "Genius" was in that he was average in every sector of intelligence and able to utilize them in tandem with one another.

The other primarchs excelled in particular sectors of intelligence, however they did not possess average and or above average levels of intelligence in all sectors of intelligence as Horus does.
That is a damn good theory. Second that.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
o_O

Whut the fuck?
Language my dear boy, keep it clean.

We must all keep in mind that Horus is the epitome of the average every day Joe, he was never particularly good at anything. However he was decent at everything he put his hand to, and that alone granted a degree of utility that was unrivaled by any of his brethren.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
That's not how references work and you know it. If they did my time at University would have been a shit load easier.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts