Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
I'd get rid of that stupid "spiritual liege" crap once and for all. That is certain.

What is not certain is what I'd do to the Ultramarines and what else I'd clean in the Blood Angels codex.

For the Blood Angels, I'm faced with either getting rid of the Gehenna campaign, modifying it so it makes more sense, or explaining it better. For reference, the Gehenna campaign was that one battle where the Blood Angels and the Necrons allied to kill some 'nids and then leaving each other alone, for reasons such as "both forces [were] now too battleworn to guarantee victory over the other" and Dante finding it "distasteful" to turn on an ally they had recently fought alongside.

Secondly, I would need to decide how much of an influence the Ultramarines would have on the Blood Angels.

Indeed, it was Guilliman who would have the greatest lasting effect upon the now-leaderless Blood Angels. Through the Codex Astartes - that great treatise on the restructuring and ordering of the Space Marines - Guilliman's legacy would reshape the Blood Angels Legion into the Chapters that defend the Imperium to this day.
(5E Blood Angels Codex, pg. 11)

I've once stated how much the Blood Angels in their most recent codex seem like an achievement of the Ultramarines instead of a chapter in their own right, particularly in the aftermath of the Horus Heresy. While I know the Blood Angels have been following the Codex since 2nd Ed, I feel the need to decrease the influence of the Ultramarines over the Blood Angels in that regard, at least to make it the Blood Angels' own decision to follow the Codex and not the influence of the Ultramarines.

For the Ultramarines, I definitely see the need to reduce the influence of the Ultramarines in the Space Marine Codex. I understand that the 2nd Ed SM Codex was indeed titled "Codex: Ultramarines," but even so, I feel the SM Codex ought to cover the entire spectrum of Space Marines (with the exception of those chapters that already have their own codices) rather than just focus primarily on the Ultramarines. Enough has been written and said about the Ultramarines, and I think some elaboration on other chapters would be refreshing, at least. Put simply, there's a reason why the 5th Ed. SM Codex is even called "Codex: Space Marines."

Apart from that, I'm torn on what to do with Ultramarines. I'd consider adding actual character flaws or otherwise grimdarkificating Ultramar. Being numero uno amongst the Space Marines (minus the Grey Knights) ought to generate some amount of hubris. Calgar is stated in the 5th Ed SM Codex to be "a proud man, a trait that has earned him more than a fair share of enemies within the Imperium's internecine politics (5E Space Marine Codex, pg. 84)." It would be nice if that pride filtered down through the ranks of his men, such that the Ultramarines would be fallible for once - not just as an army, but as characters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would get rid of all the new space marine codexes....
do they really need any mor than 2?(one for basic, and one including all the special units WITH NO SHOWCASE)

·
Registered
152 Posts
1) I would have at least 1 loyal Primarch still consious and actively involved in the Imperium's affairs, maybe not leading armies, but more like how Magnus the Red is still around in the Dornian Heresy.

2) I would tone down the Ultramarines fluff.

3) Make Draigo more realistic.

4) More Imperial Guard.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
1) Erase Matt Ward from existence and all the retardation he has spread.

2) Make the Kroot and Vespid not blow total chunks.

3) Castrate the Marines and just give them one single giant codex with all the chapters in it. You're all one army that can be made into multiple flavors and will stop whoring up so much of GW's time and resources. Every other army would be much happier and the SMs still get all the fluff and crunch to make them happy too. I know I got fanboy crosshairs on the back of my head this very moment for typing that, but I regret nothing.

4) Necron update. Now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
1) Erase Matt Ward from existence and all the retardation he has spread.

2) Make the Kroot and Vespid not blow total chunks.

3) Castrate the Marines and just give them one single giant codex with all the chapters in it. You're all one army that can be made into multiple flavors and will stop whoring up so much of GW's time and resources. Every other army would be much happier and the SMs still get all the fluff and crunch to make them happy too. I know I got fanboy crosshairs on the back of my head this very moment for typing that, but I regret nothing.

4) Necron update. Now.
Amen, sistah! Apart from the actual gaming aspect of 40k, fluff wise there are a few things that i think are royally retarded. The one thing that really grinds my gears is the whole religion aspect, specifically the Ecclesiarchy. I mean, the blindness of the Imperium pisses me off too, how does NOBODY at all remember the cause that their "god" fought for? To destroy religion, and while the reason was in regards to chaos, it's still "blasphemy" to worship the big e as a divine being. Like the parts in the early HH books, i got so mad when Keeler was proclaimed a saint, and then Garro, a motherfucking Space marine, who devoted his LIFE to the imperial truth, turned so easily...phew, and thats no even including how little love the xenos get other than "we ar teh bad guyzz die die die!"

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Really, any primarch(*cough*Russ*cough*) would be nice. I just want to see one of the emperor's sons show up and go on a massive xeno skull fucking bender. Wiping out the Tau would be somewhat entertaining..... finally put an end to the space elves.... you know, completely fuck over the fluff and wipe out a large potion of GW customer base would be hilarious. It would be like 40k: the train wreck version, every bit of your mind would be screaming "Turn and run!", but it is just to damn awesome to look away.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Amen, sistah! Apart from the actual gaming aspect of 40k, fluff wise there are a few things that i think are royally retarded. The one thing that really grinds my gears is the whole religion aspect, specifically the Ecclesiarchy. I mean, the blindness of the Imperium pisses me off too, how does NOBODY at all remember the cause that their "god" fought for? To destroy religion, and while the reason was in regards to chaos, it's still "blasphemy" to worship the big e as a divine being. Like the parts in the early HH books, i got so mad when Keeler was proclaimed a saint, and then Garro, a motherfucking Space marine, who devoted his LIFE to the imperial truth, turned so easily...phew, and thats no even including how little love the xenos get other than "we ar teh bad guyzz die die die!"
Amen right back at'cha :eek:k:

@ Crawford
I'm all for that. As much as I enjoy the running gag that is Failbaddon, it would be nice to give Chaos a little more credibility.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'd buff up the Tau fluff, maybe even make their empire a little larger than it currently is so that it can involved a little more and a greater target for other powers beyond the Imperium and 'Nids. I'd also do more on their alien allies, the Kroot, the Vespid, the Tarellians, the Nicassar, the Demiurg and of course humans in the Tau Empire. Maybe even add a few other minor aliens into their empire. And add more heroes for the Tau Empire and bring back Aun'shi and Anghkor Prok.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Have one of the lost primarchs return with news of the other missing one and perhaps even have news of the ones we know who went their separate ways.

Have gulliman suddenly get healed after being in stasis for a billion years and the same with the Lion.

Have the alpha legion remain neutral, neither siding with chaos or the imperium, they'd sort of take the position of the Soul Drinkers

Have the myriad of other alien races make a big impact in the wh40k universe, and have some info on the vampire race whose name I forget that suddenly disappeared once the chapter whose name I also forget arrived on their home planet.

Have one of the Old Ones survive and let he/she open up a whole new chapter on WH40k lore, talking about the ancient wars, the Ctan, etc.

Get rid of the Sisters of Battle, the concept of unaugmented women in suits of armor and their perverted history with Goge Vandire, is just stupid. Maybe I'm biased because I don't have an issue with female eldar in power armor fighting but maybe its because they're supposedly super fast and train for centuries though I do have a problem with bikini clad female dark eldar going toe to toe with an Astartes.

Get rid of a lot of stupid sounding chapters and ideas like the stone hearts, Rainbow Warriors,Terror Tigers, taurans, red scorpions space sharks, dragon warriors, etc. + the crimson fists blowing up their own fortress, and the whole custodians are stronger than Astartes bit (just come out and say the former are much stronger than the latter except in certain extreme cases)

Get rid of the whole emperor shaman reincarnation bit and just have him being born as the first and only human possessing such psychic powers. The star child theory is also silly though I see him coming back to life as very doable if a proper story is written.

Don't make Orks nearly as strong as an Astartes or capable of building vast titan-like robots using nothing but scrap metal in short periods of time.

I have a serious problem with Orks who spawn like rabbits and number in the untold billions having the resilience and strength of an Astartes, their only weakness being a lack of discipline, arguably bad tech and their constant fighting amongst themselves.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I'd get rid of all the lame, unfunny ork jokes (Ie: All of them), fix some of the more lame space marine chapters, give the xenos more of the limelight and ditch the 50 million marine codices and give them a single book.

Oh and as mentioned above; I'd slip a cyanide pill into Matt Ward's tea... Actually on second thought that's too quick and painless.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
1) bring back one of the primarchs (lion maybe?) only to be killed by a lascannon shot to the head, so everyone could laugh at him. (nothing personal)

2) Make tau bigger and better, prehaps some more (or stronger) alien allies too.

3) Get rid of blood angles and space wolves codex's and just slot them into the space marine army like dark angles and black templars.

4) Give CSM more evil powers, weapons and wargear. these are the guys who started the Horus hesery after all.

5) Make the ultramarines lose an important battle or too, these guys really get on my nerves.

6) sentence matt ward to an eternity of fixing all the damage hes caused to 40K (fluff-wise) while being tortured. (any mistakes will result in the removal of limbs, but not hands or arms)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well my lore wouldn't be very big.. but lets just say i wasn't fond of the ending of Nemesis..
Near the end (Don't read if your not interested in knowing) The Vindicare Assassin is flying his ship towards the Vengeful Spirit.. in some utterly failed attempt to smash it into the bridge.

I would change the attempt all together.. the man is a sniper.. a damn good one, he should have lined up his rifle in the cockpit while knifing through the fields fire and attempted to shoot horus as he hurtled towards his flag ship, To send a single round out of his rifle through the cockpit window towards the viewing glass where horus was eagerly waiting for the man to attempt to kill him.

Ofcourse ultimatly he'd fail :p but the though would be soo much cooler..

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.