Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
The 13th Black Crusade.
It could be so much better used as a plot device if it had moved a bit closer to the heart of the Imperium. At the moment it seems like Abaddon gets everything together, stops all the infighting and back biting for just about long enough to get out of the EOT and then stops because the IG are there.
I know there is a lot more than Imperial Guard stopping him but that's how the whole thing comes across to me.

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Most of the holes in 40k's plot line stem from it's early days as a narrative skirmish game, these things were left for the players to resolve.
With Epic scale you could stage the final battles of the Horus Heresy or decide just what would happen at the end of the Imperium.
As the game has become more and more about tournament play rather than role play these aspects of the game make less sense. (Many) players have lost interest in campaigns that alter the fate of the Imperium in favour of army A vs army B scenarios.

I'm not moaning about tournament players, it's kept the game going for years but fluff wise GW need to either fill in the gaps or push for more narrative gaming because at the moment the two sides of the game are moving further and further apart.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.