Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been curious about Pre-Heresy IG, what did they look like and what kind of weapons did they have?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah they were around.

I dont know much more other than they were most likely more advanced.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
The IG from Legion were very mixed up group. One side had the Lucifers who were like really skilled African Hunters led by the African King Chieftan. Then the Gene Soilders were geneticaly awsome with psychic conections to the Women who ran them. They had Centipede crawling transports, hover vehicles out the yang, and yet still had only basic protection. The badass Lucifers had even less in tech, they wore something akin to me as Spartan Armore with simple blade weapons. Weird for a Elite squad.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
The IG from Legion were very mixed up group. One side had the Lucifers who were like really skilled African Hunters led by the African King Chieftan. Then the Gene Soilders were geneticaly awsome with psychic conections to the Women who ran them. They had Centipede crawling transports, hover vehicles out the yang, and yet still had only basic protection. The badass Lucifers had even less in tech, they wore something akin to me as Spartan Armore with simple blade weapons. Weird for a Elite squad.
Are you talking about the Lucifer Blacks, the extremely skilled but rare soldiers who became awesome bodyguards when their numbers dipped too low to be fielded as a regiment again?

If so then everything you just said was BS.

In some ways the Imperial Army would have been more advanced (access to skimmers, Land Raiders etc) but they wouldn't have been as uniform in their armaments resulting in a convoluted supply chain- all Imperial Guard use Lasguns or Autoguns, with a few minor exceptions, but the Imperial Army was far more diverse.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, so by more diverse you mean they had different weapons depending on their MOS?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OKay, I see what you mean now. Basicly depending on where your from in pre-heresy affects everything?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, if I made my PRe Heresy Guard come from a planet that likes to look like Modern looking guys only modified in a way, I can do that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts