Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't go to warhammer fest this year, in no small part due to how bad gamesday was last year and how I think it's become a glorified sales store. I was wondering though what people who went thought about this new inclination of Gamesday and how was it different to traditional gamesdays?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Sounds like it was similar to be honest. The previews of new stuff was sadly lacking - an Alpha Legion Contemptor Dread, an underwhelming preview of Curze, and an admittedly amazing Sevatar has seemed to be the only bit of new stuff we've seen. The actual "gaming" seemed to have been lacking, and the lack of a GW presence in favour of Forge World (with their ~30 or so event exclusives), it's simply an excuse to have a big storage clearance by the sounds of things dressed up as a "comicon" type thing.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I went to the Sunday - I would give it 6 out of 10.
Venue was pretty good, organized fairly well, but nothing fantastically outstanding about the event, no 'Wow' factor.
But for 20 quid it was worth the ticket price. Not too crowded which was good.
Basically it was more akin to a museum experience - lots to look at but you never really felt immersed in the experience. Some useful work shops (painting skills etc) and although I could only get a ticket for 1 seminar, it was enjoyable (forgeworld 30k stuff).
Big ass shop (no paints!), no discounts (as you expect) so I just walked on by and spent my £200 online instead - although I did pick up Imperial Armour 13.

I would go back, but probably only every 5 years or so.

Improvements? Hard to really pin anything. It does what it sets out to do, however heavily biased to 40k/30k over Warhammer. Perhaps match the high street discounters for the shop to reward those supporting the event? Maybe strippers and free beer? Or free strippers and beer?

·
Registered
773 Posts
1 bonus of course was that you could look at your stuff as you bought it. One of the things i really hate is having ordered some forgewold stuff, when it gets delivered and something like the foot is deformed or the detail is ruined because it has come out the machine with a defect.
this time it didnt happen to me, but my friend had a model that had the foot issue and his copy of HH book 2 was stuck together a bit with the gilding on the edge, so they just swapped them over as the pages started to peel away as you opened them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts