Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as my last post was something of a rant i figured i'd try something a little more fun.

If you could add an entry to an existing army that you don't own what would it be?

I've specifically said armies you don't own to stop the "I really want a monolyth in my chaos army" posts. I'm not after rules, just concepts for units you think would be cool.

As an Ork and CSM player i will not be mentioning anything i think should be added to these two lists.

Imperial guard: flatbed trucks, Staff cars, Motorbike squads

Tau: Some sort of Drone dreadnought, maybe something like a spider.

Necrons: Titan eating scarab machine. Think mechanical hierophant that floats.

Forces of the imperium (space marines, IG, DH WH etc): Civilian levies. You remember the militia boxed set for fantasy? Imagine the 40k equivilent.

That's all i got for now

Grimzag

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
chaos marines: more variation of properly marked units, not just icon units.
actual traitors not just chaos marines
ZOMBIES for nurgle

Tau: more variety on AI controlled units
more weapon options for basic FW units (burst cannons, rail rifles etc)

necrons: allot of things, but some kind of fast attack vehicle similar to a monolith in idea
larger tomb spider sort of thing, perhaps able to create units of d6+4 necrons, or reinforce necron units by d6 models

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Orks: really could do with some squig based units, squig herds or riders

Tyranids: extensive genestealer cult rules and units so you can play an infestation

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Tau: A unit besides a special character that has a power weapon or power fist. If IG can have them, why can't the most technologically advanced civilization in 40k?

Chaos: a tougher version of defilers. They're awesome models, but they just don't last long. Marines have ironclads, so why not Chaos?

IG: seconding the bikes. I mean...horses? Come on, Games Workshop.

Necron: close combat troops.

·
Registered
390 Posts
My friend and I came up with an idea for a necron unit¬
NECROMANCER
WS-BS--S--T--W-I- A--Ld-Sv
4----4---4*-4*-5-2-1*-10-3+

Unit size: 1

Points per Model:-

Unit type: Montrous creature

Wargear: Twin-Linked Gauss Flux Arc, Single close combat weapon

Special Rules:
Fearless, Invulnerable save 5+, Necron, We are as One
We are as One: the necromancer is not selected along side the rest of the army but is created during the battle. At the start of any necron turn a unit of warriors may be romoved from play and a marker placed where the unit was. At the start of the next necron turn roll a We'll be Back save for every warrior that was removed. For every warrior after the first that passes, one of the stats marked with an asterix is increased by 1 chosen by the owning player.However, if no warrior passes then the Necromancer does not enter play and the warriors are removed as casualties unless there is a Tomb Spider within 6". The Necromancer is then placed on the marker and is free to act from then on. The Necromancer is immune to Instant Death but wounds that woud have caused this are doubled. For the purposes of Phase Out the Necromancer is equivalent to the number of models that passed their We'll be Back.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Fluff¬
Necron warriors can dissasemble themselves in order to produce a construct from their bodies that is greater than the sum of its parts. However, this process does not always work and if they are under fire and then it is impossible for the warriors to reassemble themselves without the assitance of a Tomb Spider.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Chaos - marks for more things for one and as a separate idea, Some sort of chaos speeder/jetbike

Eldar - a gun that has a line of effect such as as the blood lance for blood angels, I mean come on spiky stars can cut things too

Necron - a c'tan that makes a unit or 2 good at close combat

Daemonhunters - psyblaster str5 ap3 blast template also ignoring invulns

·
Registered
231 Posts
A deffkopta nob so I can take them in squads with some effectivnessocity.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Chaos mahreenz: Chaos versions of a landraider (faster slaanesh version, slower but stronger nurgle, firepower through the ass khorne, and pewpew tzeench) same thing goes for marks, for their prices they need better buffs (tzeentch is fine, but the others need a revamp)
Better versions of defilers (preferably one that's got higher armor, but loses fleet or something)
Obliterators need to be able to fire at different units simultaniously as well a use seperate weapons from each other, that or give us bigger versions of oblits that can fire MULTIPLE weapons and at different targets.
BRING BACK GOD SPECIFIC DAEMONS/STATS for summoned daemons.

Tau:
They lack decent FW upgrades, needs more benefit from using ethereals (no one ever uses them now-a-days)

IG:
like others have said. horses.. seriously? I bet taping your self to that ogryn offers safer transportation.

Daemons:
They need vehicles if they are ever going to make it big in this meta-game

space marines: (and friends)
oh wait they have everything already and they are getting more, never mind

Orks:
They were OK for a while, but now GW is dumbing them down and losing the randomness. Bring back stolen vehicles (none of this looted wagon shit, I'm talking about looted basilisks, landraiders, Orkalith, etc)
Orks need some sort of upgrade or unit that can buff the balistic skill of a unit (seriously this would make alot of their weapons worth using) Such as Spottaboyz (they would point at a unit roll a d6, on a 4+ they would say SHOOT AT DEM GITZ, and that unit would be Bs 3 instead)
Orks need their fabled gargants (warhound+), mekagant (bigger mek stompa), mega gargant (reaver), Gigagant (emperor class battle titan), etc (srsly, stompas can't keep up with the other super heavies, orks need their bigger versions to get stuck in)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Chaos mahreenz: Chaos versions of a landraider (faster slaanesh version, slower but stronger nurgle, firepower through the ass khorne, and pewpew tzeench) same thing goes for marks, for their prices they need better buffs (tzeentch is fine, but the others need a revamp)
Better versions of defilers (preferably one that's got higher armor, but loses fleet or something)
Obliterators need to be able to fire at different units simultaniously as well a use seperate weapons from each other, that or give us bigger versions of oblits that can fire MULTIPLE weapons and at different targets.
BRING BACK GOD SPECIFIC DAEMONS/STATS for summoned daemons.

space marines: (and friends)
oh wait they have everything already and they are getting more, never mind
Completely agree:goodpost:

Orks:
They were OK for a while, but now GW is dumbing them down and losing the randomness. Bring back stolen vehicles (none of this looted wagon shit, I'm talking about looted basilisks, landraiders, Orkalith, etc)
Don't you mean 'landwaaaghders'?:headbutt:

·
Registered
64 Posts
If the Tau had something that could do the Kroot's job and matched the visual style of the rest of the army I'd be very tempted to try them out. Nothing against Kroot themselves, the models look cool, the just clash in a way that I don't like with all the high-tech mecha and hover tanks.

·
Registered
432 Posts
like others have said. horses.. seriously?
Yeah. I totaly agree. Thats why I converted Guardsmen riding Cold Ones.

As for updates:

LOST AND THE DAMNED!
After reading the Tanderis Report (Vostroyans vs Zombies), I've longed to verse some brain-craving mosters, or even play as them.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
whats wrong with horses?, horses are the oldest and most reliable form of transport in the world, and for assault orientated cavalry makes allot more sense than bikes, and since DK are based on WWI and WWII, well horses were used in those till the very end.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I totaly agree that there good for the DK, but the only models you can get from GW are the Tallarn ones, and I'm cadian, so: Lizards. I just think that you would use and 'mount' typee animal you could find. (Also fit in with my armies fluff: ie, mad siege; armours getting owned, have to adapt)

·
Registered
381 Posts
bikes for the IG!!! everyone else gets them how come they get stuck with ponies?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
More Squigs for Orks, I'd like to see different types of attack squig (Face Biter - +1 Attck and Str, Hair Squig - Reduce enemy WS by one as they get blinded for a turn etc.) and BRING BACK BIONIK BONCE!

Parasitic Possession for Chaos, better god troops but restrictions on combos (So no Lash Prince/Zerker armies!). Probably something like if a HQ has a Mark then all units with that mark get some kind of boost, but nerfs other god's units.

18" Range on ALL Shotguns, strength 4 (Manstopper upgrade 5) and AP5, Assault 2. Then they'd be combarable to Lasguns/Bolters. Or do what they already have done with Necromunda and give 'em blasts.

Some kind of Strength increase or Armour-reducing ability on Chainswords, being chainsawed would hurt a fuck load more than a pistol whip.

Midnight

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Tau: A unit besides a special character that has a power weapon or power fist. If IG can have them, why can't the most technologically advanced civilization in 40k?
The Tau are not the most technologically advanced race in the galaxy. Not by a long shot. Eldar are the most technically advance and the Tyranids are the most biologically advanced.

Back on topic I would like to see the lost and the damned, they are more than awesome enough to deserve their own codex (other than the really old one that was released in like second edition...).

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Back on topic I would like to see the lost and the damned, they are more than awesome enough to deserve their own codex (other than the really old one that was released in like second edition...).
It was the third edition eye of terror codex. I don't know why they don't make a more generic civilian list.

Codex cults.
I'm pretty sure with some imagination you could make them work for genestealer, chaos, mechanicus and even imperial cults.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Marines couldnt get horses unless they were warp horses that had the ability to carry a half ton man around on it. regular little guard ponies wouldnt hold a marine and honestly the marine would snap the things little back.

But i do think that chaos should get daemons back and infested hull back because they really nurfed us in 5th ed. infested hull you could repair destroyed weapons and your tanks armor was increased by 1 on all sides. daemons because all legions daemons were awesome and dont get me wrong lesser daemons are alright because they can assualt after deepstrike in regular games. but thats just my little tid bit. plus the bullshit taking chain axe special rules from bezerkers.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Orks:
Well under the previous codex you were limited to what you could loot, now you can go for any vehicle you like.

As for the idea they're losing their 'randomness', just look at all those players who've converted Carnifexs or Wraithlords and the like.

Anyway to the question:

Some kind of Dark Eldar Wraithlord, powered by a soulcage full of tormented spirits, with it's stats improving for every unit it kills.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts