Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

I'm looking for a new game. Something skirmishy, with minis. I currently play 40k / 40k killteam, WFB, Spacehulk, Necromunda and Xwing. I have recently been dissapointed with Saga (didn't like the dice factor) and Deadzone (didnt like the grid or constant pnning).

I also am not a fan of Infinity, just to say.

So... on this warm saturday night. What should I be looking at and why? Genre isn't important.

thank you!

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I wasn't too impressed with Saga either. Seemed kinda clunky to me.

Have you tried Bolt Action? Great rule set, interesting "fluff", relatively low mini count, and reasonably cheap start up cost.

Flames of War is also pretty good. Lots of companies to choose from for minis.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never really considered bolt action tbh. Something about recent war passes me by!

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Never really considered bolt action tbh. Something about recent war passes me by!
That's a shame. It's the best system I've played in 25 years of gaming.

What about Malifaux? I've only played a handful of games, but it's definitely one of the more original rule sets I've seen. Very interesting universe, and a nice card based system instead of dice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a shame. It's the best system I've played in 25 years of gaming.

What about Malifaux? I've only played a handful of games, but it's definitely one of the more original rule sets I've seen. Very interesting universe, and a nice card based system instead of dice.
Oh really? Thats quite an endorsement :) I'll take a closer look, see what it involves :)

Now hte world of malifaux does interest me, what little I know of it. I don't know too much about the game. And I love the minis.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As a thought, does anyone know any good "traditional" fantasy skirmish games?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
mordheim is the only one that rings a bell; and D&D but that is more RP than anything else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts