Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry i havent posted in awhile ive been busy with non 40k things. Anyway heres my question (and it doesnt involve a rule for once). Ive decided to make my SM list Raven Guard and im going to use Shrike as my HQ choice. Im wondering what i should Infiltrate by Shrike and what you guys would suggest. Scouts with cc and a bolt pistol or SM Vets of any variant?

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Take his own squad. Tool them up and make use of the scout rule for a first turn charge.

It's an expensive unit but should be a lot of fun. Back it up with speeders and a few preds for anti tank.

Who are you playing btw?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ty for the advice, Currently im playing Tau, Eldar and Nids mostly. However i want to be able to have a Tourny ready army asap at the 1500-2500 pt level.

As far as my army makeup i have 3 basic tac squads with lascannon razorbacks as transport, 3 landspeeder tornados, 2 pred annihilators with Lascannons, A basic landraider and a Assault squad with furious charge (elites).

·
Registered
76 Posts
take Shirkes Wing with Shrike. charging with lighting claws on the first turn is fantastic. i used to do this with some chosen back in the day of the old chaos codex. being charged on turn 1 by such a powerful combat squad is spirit breaking, and with jump packs AND scouts you can pick which ever tartget you like to charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts