Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tempted to sell my noise marine army to a friend as I hardly ever play with them anymore (too busy with my blood angels and dark eldar) and it seems a shame to just keep them on a shelf gathering dust but I don't know what to charge him.
I have Lucius the eternal, a chaos sorcerer, 2 obliterators, 2 champions with power weapons, doom sirens and sonic blasters, 2 blastmasters and 21 Noise marines with sonic blasters. Please note that the blasters are coverted from tau pulse carbines and various chaos bits and the blastmasters are converted from grey knights psycanons and various chaos bits.
They are all painted to a good standard and they did take me a long time to covert them all but I don't want too charge him too much for them as he is a friend, what do you guys think I should ask for them?

Thanks in advance

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Well, I dont know, but some pics would make it easier to judge what to charge...

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Shaun, as the friend in question, I've got to pay a get big car bill on Monday, so you could be waiting a few good month before I'd be able to buy them.

In fact it could be the new year before I could buy them, so it's upto you if you still want to sell them, or try your luck elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I dont know man pics could be very helpful because the value of your army has droped by your pulse rifle conversions unless they look good.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heres a few pics. Not used to my wifes camera yet but you get a general idea of the quality.
Lucius

Sorcerer

Champion

Blastmaster

Noise Marines

Obliterator

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shaun, as the friend in question, I've got to pay a get big car bill on Monday, so you could be waiting a few good month before I'd be able to buy them.

In fact it could be the new year before I could buy them, so it's upto you if you still want to sell them, or try your luck elsewhere.
As I said at work pal. It doesn't matter when I get the money or if you want to pay in bits rather than all at once. I'd sooner them go to a good home than to some random guy on e-bay

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I really like the paint job one those guys... I would say 60-75 %!

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
It's a pretty subjective thing you are asking really. If you are just trying to value them then take it as a reasonable percentage of cost as new, as people have said.

Since you are thinking of swapping/selling them to a friend you and they need to work out a value that both of you find acceptable (and possible as your potential buyer has said above), we can't really tell you that.

id say 50-60% because those conversions are shitty no offense
Saying 'no offence' doesn't change the fact that saying someone's work is shitty is offensive and makes you look like an arse. If you didn't want to be offensive then you could have employed a little tact...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i was talking abot the sonic blasters, his painting and modeling is great but the pulse carbine dosent really work as a sonic blaster. the price would have to be lower online because people wouldnt pay 80-90% of the army price to get those, it would have to be a great conversion to get a price that high. i said no offense because he might have personally liked the conversion. I worked in a Weapons and antique arms store growing up. while working their i learned from my grandpa and dad that modifications to weapons old or new will deface the value and drop rapidly. Antiques you almost want no mods to the weapon at all but for newer weaponry their is a flexible rate for mods. Now the marines there are new so dont have to worry about that rating. But the mods will have to be acceptional to keep a high price. It would have to be a kick ass conversion to stay at a higher value. His conversion looks cool but its not a disiered mod. You wouldnt buy sonic blasters off ebay just to get pulse carbines with chaos sprues attached to it. What i also learned in that buisness is you have to be straight forward when money is involved. If this would have been a modeling and conversion thread and he was showing the conversions he made for himself i would have said Great job man they look great. But he is trying to sell his army to a friend and he needs to know that the conversion wasnt something the price should remain in the 80%-90% range. Yes my comment was harsh and i agree i should have said my meaning in a nicer way but the truth is i am a asshole and i admit it.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
...So...warhammer...is like...antique...firearms? Now I'm really confused

anyway

I would say 50-70%

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
nah man just saying the price drops or raises depending on how the mod looks. i compared it to the guns because its the same thing.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
nah man just saying the price drops or raises depending on how the mod looks. i compared it to the guns because its the same thing.
As the potential buyer in question and the person who supplied Shaun with most of the carbines, not a mention a few of the gargoyle heads, I think the conversions are outstanding.

Or to put it another way 5tonsledge. Baisez-vous!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Still the price will be down because of the mod, it dosent matter if you think it looks cool its if the buyer thinks its worth extra money to buy it. im not blowing my own bagpipe here the mod is cool but not price boost

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Personally, after looking at those models and if the rest are to the same standard. I would pay full price for them. No argument. If a mate was going to give them to me for less than that then I would be most gratified.

5tonsedge, your comment would cause offence, no doubt. I hope you consider that when you post work of your own.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts