Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently planning to buy 4 things on my birthday for my nids, however I have a bit of cash leftover. I'm wondering what to spend it on, but I can't seem to decide. I have a few things in mind below, oh and if you have any other suggestions please let me know! :so_happy:

Some choices with leftover money:

- 2 Hive Tyrant Guards (yes I am getting a Hive Tyrant :wink:)

- One of the following: termagaunts, hormagaunts or genestealers.

- A troop choice above with either a Venomthrope, 1 Guard, a Zoanthrope, a Broodlord or another Lictor (yes I'm also getting a Lictor for bday)

What I have right now:

- Warriors x3 (one usually prime)
- Termagaunts x19
- Hormagaunts x12
- Genestealers x11
- Ripper swarms x7
- Carnifex x1
- Venomthrope x1

Cheers.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think you probably want a zoanthrope. As to the troop type, you could always take more genestealers and be hive fleet Pittsburgh or Levi.

·
4,491 Posts
I would get a couple of Hive Guard and a couple of Zoanthropes, as well as a Tyrant.
A Trygon could be nice too.

Troop wise, are you going with a Tervigon at all?
If so, then you will need more Termagants. If not, then you will need some more Warriors, Hormagaunts, or Genestealers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would get a couple of Hive Guard and a couple of Zoanthropes, as well as a Tyrant.
A Trygon could be nice too.

Troop wise, are you going with a Tervigon at all?
If so, then you will need more Termagants. If not, then you will need some more Warriors, Hormagaunts, or Genestealers.
I am getting a Tyrant (as I mentioned before..) and a Trygon. However I can only get 2 elite choices, or one troop choice and an elite.

I'm not so sure about Tervigons, seeing they have no model and it would cost too much to make, I'm not really leaning towards them at the moment.. future, maybe, but not now.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
I'd wait on the Tervigons as well- I can almost sense that GW will release a Tervigon/Tyrannofex kit.

How about a brood of Ymgarl genestealers? They're an elites choice, and can be mostly made with the basic Genestealer box. You'd just need a few more "tentacle heads", and those you can get from eBay or Chapterhouse Studios-http://chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/home. They're a great unit for taking out those enemy support squads like Devestators or basilisks...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hive Guard, Tervigons, T-fexes, Tyrants, Warriors.

It really depends on how your army is set up. Based on what you have, you are sorely lacking against armor and low on big tough targets. Fexes and HG are a must.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Fexes? Actually I hear that they're pretty mediocre in the new codex. All the tyrannid players I know are converting them into Tervigons.

I'd definitely go with the Hive Guard. They're invaluable for making sure that your Hive Tyrant isn't shot to death before he reaches close combat. Either that, or more gaunts.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Don't follow the lemmings. Test things out, see what works for you.

Fexes aren't the same as the old book, but that doesn't mean they are bad. I use a brood of 2 fexes with a Prime in tow and they make for a devastating CC unit as well as a ridiculous bullet sponge. Fexes are also good in Pods with brainleech devourers to shake/stun/immobilize tanks before rushing in with 5 S9 MC attacks.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Zoanthropes and Warriors are a good place to start. Also since you only have 3 warriors and one of them is a Prime you can only use one or the other. I use a unit of 5 Warriors with Prime and so far they have never been completly destroyed.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Horde...more Gaunts, I personally think the Nids are over-rated but the most effective lists Ive faced are all swarms of either stealers of mass gaunts cos Nidzilla gets beat into the dirt by any army that has a force weapon in it.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
try 2 more venomthropes and pod em in im trying to raise awesomeness of how good they are for termagants and hormagaunt podding.

·
4,491 Posts
Im not really a fan of Venomthropes.
They can be targeted in shooting, and can go down to a single ML shot.
Easy kill point for the opponent.
(2 kill points if your going to pod them in)

EDIT:
@aboytervigon: Why did you bump a 6-month-old thread???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts