Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Heresy Online. Long time no see:grin:.

Anyway, I'm back with a question. I'm considering going Loyalist with Imperial Guards, and I can't decide what the theme for my regiment be, so I was wondering if a few veteran company Commanders could offer me guidance. I've narrowed it down to three I like, so....yeah :biggrin:.

Beastguard.
Effectively, Beastmen Gors kitbashed with Catachans. Minataurs Ogryns, Bestigor Stormtroopers, the whole works. A preety simple but rare conversion job that would turn a few heads (yeah yeah, I'm a narcissict and proud of it:drinks:)

Cadians.
I love the Cadians-they're hard ***ed Chaos-fighting troopers who stand at the forefront of the Imperiums defence. Cadian Blood was an epic book, so my army would be based of the Cadian 88th mechanised. Probably the cheapest of the options as well.

Adeptus Mechanicus.
You knew it was coming. I am an AdMech nut, they are the exemplar of humanity to me. To feild an army of them would just be....I can't describe it. However, there's a big problem. I am a so-so converter, and with a project like this you've gotta do it right or not at all. I just don't know if I could pull it off.:(

TLS.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
They are all interesting themes, I would say that cadians have been done to death but they are easy to paint and stuff. A beastmen army would be awesome, it would be like the imperium putting all the mutants into a regiment and sending them off to die, I would include lots of penal legion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be the plan. Just imagine the looks on their faces when they find out that we WANT to get into close combat :).

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
If you do go with Admech Micro Art Studios has some great stuff which could work for them. Here is some of it.

That’s some of their Ironbrotherhood stuff for you. They have one more model in the line which is a spider walker like thing. They also have some cool heads that might work well for a guard vet head. idk but looks ok.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
My personal vote is for the AdMech guard, but only if you can pull off the conversions. Lots of plasticard and guitar wire would be required methinks, but if you can do it right, you'd definitely have an enviable army! :)

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
hey i like both the beastmen and admech ideas i was considering doin a chaos besed gaurd army for a long time.

if you look around on ebay you may find the old but rare mechanicus models they put years upon years ago

1 - 19 of 19 Posts