·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what should I go for out of:

Chaos Lord w/ Terminator Armour and Daemon weapon
OR
Chaos Sorceror w/ Terminator Armour, MoT, Warptime and Doombolt

Ignoring points and factoring in that I don't want a DP. It's to lead a 1500 point army.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Personally, I would go with the Lord and a Terminator retinue. Just cuz' it feels more right to me from those two options ;)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Sounds like a tactics question to me, or is there a rules question buried in there somewhere?

And yeah, the Lord.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
wait wait wait... you don't want a Daemon Prince!!!!!!??????? How is such a thing possible!!!???

I would highly recommend getting one, even if it means getting that new cartoony one that just came out.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Erm, cus it was a more a comparison of rules than an actual tactical decision. I placed it here. I did think whether it belonged in Tactics though

Aha, I've got a Night Lords army, a Thousand Son army and a World Eater Army...all with DPs. This army is more about fluff and background.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Chaos Lord. The Sorcerors are pretty high in points for their lackluster output. Also the Lord is one of the cooler models that CSM has access to.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Okay, fair enough! I'd also go with Lord, in that case, with a daemon weapon if possible.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Black Legion-Daemon Prince=Abaddon!:victory:
O.K. it may seem like a lot of points for a small points game but think about it if there are less points, there is less to take him down:grin:.
My mantra with special characters is: the smaller the point limit, the higher the chance that they survive. The higher the points limit, the more they get to own. If you have the points for a special character, you should have brought a DP.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I say a Chaos Lord

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sorcerer because warptime+ force weapon owns enemy HQs and only costs 125pts

·
Registered
390 Posts
so does a Chaos lord with MoS and Blissgiver :3
ah but the sorc has a higher chance of wounding in the first place and there is less risk :russianroulette:(but still some)

·
Registered
496 Posts
ah but the sorc has a higher chance of wounding in the first place and there is less risk :russianroulette:(but still some)
Chaos lord strikes first and has more potential attacks so can deal with swarms as well :D

EDIT: also you cant use Warptime and a force weapon in the same turn :3 due to the fact you cant cast two phsycic powers without a MoT

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Always a Lord over a Sorceror.

Sorcerers are just awful, never bought one because i honestly would never use one.

·
Registered
941 Posts
agreed, I scratch built one for fun, but I would never pay money for one!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
lol, its just like... The model is crap, the fluff behind them are crap, they are crap on the battlefield. You cant really match them with anyone, like You would put Kharn with Berserkss, a Lord with Termies, Abaddon with Termies ect, so it makes the Sorc a Lone-rider, but no-where near up to Daemon Prince Standard.

Take a daemon prince.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
lol, its just like... The model is crap, the fluff behind them are crap, they are crap on the battlefield. You cant really match them with anyone, like You would put Kharn with Berserkss, a Lord with Termies, Abaddon with Termies ect, so it makes the Sorc a Lone-rider, but no-where near up to Daemon Prince Standard.

Take a daemon prince.
actually your quite wrong about this. first, preferance's over model design aside, a sorcerer is probably a MORE tactically viable option for a tourny standard chaos list. a sorcerer rocking a mark of slaanesh and las of submission comes in at 125, the cheapest you can get this ability, and can be hidden inside a unit of plague marines, making it damn hard to kill. he can then abuse their rhino by lashing out of the top of it, from the saftey of his undead buddy's ride.

if you play a straight thousand sons army then the statement about not having anything to place them with becomes even more moot. as t son units come in at usually 9 dudes in a rhino there is plenty of room for a sorcerer to join up and hitch a ride. as for kitting him out then? i would subjest plopping a bolt of change on him with either a warptime or a doombolt for flexibility.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Chaos lord strikes first and has more potential attacks so can deal with swarms as well :D

EDIT: also you cant use Warptime and a force weapon in the same turn :3 due to the fact you cant cast two phsycic powers without a MoT
As i had intended.
Also the Sorcerer is more value for points as for only 10 more points you get a strength 4 force weapon.
As for swarms I have 2 words for you: NURGLE'S ROT :puke: that's every enemy within 6" takes a strength 3 hit. Playing against nids I once got 27 hits and killed 11 gaunts:grin: mainly because you can use it in close combat.
However in my lists I always take a DP over a sorcerer but that's not the question. The question is effectivly: chaos lord or chaos sorcerer, which is better? And that my friends, is easy.:thank_you:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts