Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the title pretty much sums it up. So, heavy bolter or Multi Melta?

I would assume Multi Melta for obvious (melta) reasons.

But whats your opinion?

·
Registered
201 Posts
depend on the roll the bikes have to play
bu i prefere meltas ....
but only because they will do the tank hunter stuff

·
Registered
282 Posts
So try to answer these questions:

What role will the bikes perform in my army? and What do these bikes provide that something else of the army can't provide better for less points?

I usually find that I need the attack bikes to perform "long range" or quick (1st-2nd turn) anti-heavy-tank, since I have other things that can outdo them in the anti-infantry role (e.g. Baal furiosos) so meltas it is.

If you find that you have your anti-tank covered, then consider them for the anti-infantry role. But then: do you really need that mobility? (infantry doesn't have frontal-side armour values, and you're paying a high price for the mobility)

All in all, I wouldn't run heavy bolter attack bikes, either melta or not at all, since there are other things that can outperform then (points vs benefit) in anti-infantry roles.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Multi-melta all the way. Heavy bolter Attack Bikes are nice, but there's lots of ways to get a bunch of heavy bolters in your army for only a few points, but it's impossible to get cheaper multi-meltas on such a mobile platform in any way other than on Attack Bikes. Run MM Attack Bikes in units of at least two, never less. A third Bike is also worth considering. Most like taking another multi-melta, though there are a few that will have a single heavy bolter Attack Bike for wound allocation purposes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yep MM all the way, i think the real question is whether to take the land speeder with MM (and possibly HF) or the Attack bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts