Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at this http://jamplify.com/nHaHb8

Its the Deadzone Kickstarter......:shok:

Ive been trying to get my friends to invest in some of the scenery to replace the stuff theyve used from GW for the last 10 years......

What else do people use?

I got some of the tabletop towns stuff as well, but use that for d and d....

Im looking for ideas to replace my Necromunda factories......

This KS seems to hit the spot.....

Also love the Marauders! Like old school Blood Axes!
Plague are going into a genestealer cult!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Im working on an Armaggedon-themed table. I have a flocked desert mat from Monday Knights, a Basilica and Sanctum from GW, six GW barricades, and a couple small hills made from foamboard. Ill eventually buy the Shrine and Manufactorum, and make a blasted highway diagonally across the table with cracks and sand. Maybe with bronze Aquilas for road lines :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you have a look at my gallery here you'll see my current urban set-up. My gaming table is 12x4 and I reckon with what I'm getting from Deadzone I'll be able to fill the whole thing.

I'll probably be putting most of it together as solid buildings as a counter to all the ruins I've already got. There's some Amera stuff in those pictures too which turned out pretty well I think.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Any advice for building the GW buildings? My god I hate them; so flimsy. My Basilica got knocked off the table by my cat and I cannot put it back together for the life of me.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I thought this said "What sorcery do you use" to which I thought it was a post asking about what psychic tree people tend to gravitate towards.

I must go

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Mantic stuff on the KS is very tempting..........I would like to see stuff to go with it though, like computers, desks....... something to fill them out.....The GW ones were always just empty shells.......

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
i use packing Styrofoam and spray paint it to give it some "battle damage" and decaying look.

for other things I use GW parts, like the Crashed Aquilla from the 4th ed starter, and similar things.

The only "Building" i have from GW is the landing pad.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I used to have foam buildings but storing and transporting them meant they were not sturdy enough so I gradually switched to plastic and resin scenery. We used to run a lot of tournaments and so needed a lot of terrain but, while it was cheap, it was annoying having to repair it all the time!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I've mostly been using GW and eBay MDF stuff, but often it's a case of whatever I can get my hands on... For a while I was using stuff from a model train terrain line, basing roads and models with their sticky foam 'asphalt'. Some good products out there that can be put to use for 28mm scale with some adaption!

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
For years I've half-heartedly made my own stuff with cardboard, rocks, sand, straw bits... I have some horrible bunkers rivers and buildings from 7-8 years ago some newer and better bunkers and baricades and recently some styrofoam creations made from old packing material from electronics etc. I won some old nice-looking bits at an auction by my club and also have the terrain from the old SM/DA starter set. I am getting some of that mantic scenery (as it is quite fantastic) and am just got some better cardboard to starts building realistic multi-floored ruins. Most of it's crap but it works

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I have a full imperial city. 8 buildings on 12inch bases. Plus a heap of additional scratch built foam wall sections and barbed wire/rubble sections, the wrecked aquila lander, a couple of gw hills, a few model train bridges and some other bits and pieces including the landing pad. We have enough to do a city and outlying terrain on a 8x4 table.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Any advice for building the GW buildings? My god I hate them; so flimsy. My Basilica got knocked off the table by my cat and I cannot put it back together for the life of me.
I only have one (sanctum). Each wall was assembled piece by piece and allowed to dry. Walls were then butt-joined one at a time and the "floor" pieces were added as a structural brace.

The final step was to BASE it on some MDF, so it would stay together. I used a construction adhesive to secure it to the base. The kind of thing used to stick ANYTHING to anything (sikaflex) - with some flexibility.

It's been knocked off tables, knocked over, and is still intact.

One last thing. CLIP ALL THOSE ^&*&%$^$t& SPIKY BITS OFF WITH YOUR CLIPPERS. You are supposed to bend over to check LoS to things in this game - doing so with the GW terrain risks eye injury (or at least facial injury).

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a full imperial city. 8 buildings on 12inch bases. Plus a heap of additional scratch built foam wall sections and barbed wire/rubble sections, the wrecked aquila lander, a couple of gw hills, a few model train bridges and some other bits and pieces including the landing pad. We have enough to do a city and outlying terrain on a 8x4 table.

I'd love to do a city from the GW stuff. We use insulation foam hills and buildings, a few foam card ruins, some rocks I made out of tree bark from a youtube tutorial, and two bastions and a few aegis lines.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts