Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

I don't play choas marines, what i do play is play space marines, and starting a 'chaos demon' proxy army. In both cases the models I wanted to use can be 'cheaply' aquired though starter sets, the Dark vengence set and (since I really *BLEEP* wanted to use liberators to stand in for plague brings because they look *BLEEP* awesome and fit in the theme of nurgle being tough and therefor should be armored thing I want to go for for that army) the Age of Sigmar starter set, two of them actually since i wanted 20 liberators.

You will notice that both those sets include sizable chaos contingents, so i am in the situation where that trying to build two army's, I have a third in the wings. SO i'm here to ask, if (or rather when I think about acutally doing it) i put this army together, what should I add to make it work?

At moment it this army has, unbuilt since My focus has been else where.
1 chaos lord
1 khorne champion, (I got the dark vengence edition that has that unique Khorne guy)
6 Chosen.
1 hell brute
10 blood warriors
40 Bloodreavers (four units of ten)
2 mighty lord of Khorne
2 Bloodsecrator
2 Bloodstoker
2 Khorgorath

if your wondering, all those cultist from dark vengence got hybridized with some storm troopers to ally to my space marines.

just from looking at that I think I would use the blood reavers as Khorne cultists, the Khorgorath as either spawn or more 'organic' hell brutes, the blood warriors as Berserkers, but the three duplicate heroes have me stumped as what to do.

so if I did want to build this choas army up, what should I look at next?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
So taking a guess at your list of unassembled models, you've got a bunch of old fantasy stuff along with some dark vengeance stuff.

So only real thoughts are kind of based on models I'm not too sure of what your proxieing on. Main thought if your using all khorne stuff, maybe running the army out of daemon kin might suit more. Basically it seems you'll run most as a form of cultists the ones out of daemon kin are quite nice but you'll probably be l9okong for some khorne "dogs" (can't remember the actual name) and maybe some juggernauts or proxies for either really. Along with any other daemons of khorne for summoning in.

Hope that helps. Check out the chaos lists for other ideas.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So taking a guess at your list of unassembled models, you've got a bunch of old fantasy stuff along with some dark vengeance stuff.

So only real thoughts are kind of based on models I'm not too sure of what your proxieing on. Main thought if your using all khorne stuff, maybe running the army out of daemon kin might suit more. Basically it seems you'll run most as a form of cultists the ones out of daemon kin are quite nice but you'll probably be l9okong for some khorne "dogs" (can't remember the actual name) and maybe some juggernauts or proxies for either really. Along with any other daemons of khorne for summoning in.

Hope that helps. Check out the chaos lists for other ideas.
I actually forgot about the Khorne Daemonkin something to keep in mind. Also it's not old fantasy stuff it's the 'new' age of sigmar stuff from two of the box starter sets.

The daemonkin does sound like a good option, some flesh hounds to help much hordes, cultists to die to get big bloodtithe buffs, Zerkers to kill stuff, maybe try to fill out the Slaughtercult formation a bit, humm something to really think about.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Definitely. I was strongly considering getting into the Khorne AoS models for a Daemonkin army...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts