Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's face it, the GW model looks like crap, well it might not for everyone, but to me it does, same thing for the Blood thirster and the GUO...add to that their cost (close to $80) here in Canada...ouchhh

I was wondering what other models can be used? i know that there is the FW model but that is close to $200, but it look awesome, there is also the one from ultraforge i think it is called Vrok...

My question is which one do you use and are there size a real problem? I would like to get the one from Ultraforge or FW but they seem huge so hidding them is not really an option...

What is your solution?

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
As its a Lord of Change I would say you could pretty much get away with using almost anything, find a model you like and as long as its roughly the right size and on the right base then you can go wild with the kit bashing and green stuff and build the Daemon you like.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just received by mail the Lord of Changed Called Vrok and the Greater plague daemon both sculpted by Ultraforge and i have to admit, they are amazing and by that i mean clearly among the best model i have seen.

Painting and playing these will be so much fun. Games workshop should defenitely think about re-doing their greater daemon because they are clearly out of the race compared to these things.....And the prices are amazing compared to what you are getting.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I don't have a lord of change. However I used the balrog model as my bloodthirster and it fits well. Maybe a conversion on the same model would work.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The vrok is an appropriate size and stature for a lord of change. I wouldn't recommend using it as a fate weaver however, since he's supposed to he withered and old, and the vrok looks like he's been bow flexing.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I use the Dweller in the Dark with a Pink Horror beak on the front and (badly) sculpted feathers on the wings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts