Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Super foot slogging ork armies. when you see 200 ork boys, you just don't have enough guns.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Super foot slogging ork armies. when you see 200 ork boys, you just don't have enough guns.
So true... Bring forth the Vindicators!

As for me, I's have to go with lots of Land Raiders. The armis i play just have no way of dealing with them effectively (You'd be surprised that massed Railgun fire for 3 turns isn't enough to penetrate:() So yeah, Space Marine Mech in general. Ironclads kept a 30 man squad of Boyz in combat for 3 whole turns...

·
4,491 Posts
Anything that cant be prevented (deep strike and outflank).

Zoans coming in in snot pods cant be prevented.
Marbo and his Demo Charge cant be prevented.
Sternguard/Dreads in pods cant be prevented.

There are things you can do to minimize the damage (in terrain, meat shields, etc), but there is no way around them completely.

Outflankers can be prevented to some extent. Using vehicles moving at cruising speed to block the charge to a foot unit, etc.

Most of the time the deep strikers will never make their points back, but it is always nasty when you see that Termicide squad dropping in with 3 Combi-Meltas at your rear armour.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
the swarm when I'm playing marines

and template armies when I'm playing nids

·
Registered
644 Posts
Definitely hordes of any type. You never can have enough guns, though templates usually will hit something...

Personally, I have always wanted to play a game where I sit back behind cover and shoot and shoot until I am overwhelmed by a mob of Orks - just to see how long I would last.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd say the Blood angels intimidate me the most because of so much bullcrap they can bring "hey lets make marines that cost less then berzerkers but make them have a crapload more special rules and 10x better!"

or "HUR HUR MY VEHICLES R FAST"
or "HUR HUR FURISIO DREAD WITH BLOOD CLAWS, oh I just killed 30 boyz in a single combat round, gotta love those extra attacks for every wound!"
or "oh did my blood lance just fry half your army? sorry bout that"

or "LOL FLYING LANDRAIDER"

or "librarian dread.. FFFFFFFFUUUUUU"

or "seriously? your out of men already?"

or in 2000 pts, 6 preds, 6 razor backs, retarded dreadnaughts, and an assload of faggotry

Seriously, these guys are so overpowered it sickens me. (this is from a chaos marines prospective)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd say the Blood angels intimidate me the most because of so much bullcrap they can bring "hey lets make marines that cost less then berzerkers but make them have a crapload more special rules and 10x better!"

or "HUR HUR FURISIO DREAD WITH BLOOD CLAWS, oh I just killed 30 boyz in a single combat round, gotta love those extra attacks for every wound!"

or in 2000 pts, 6 preds, 6 razor backs, retarded dreadnaughts, and an assload of faggotry

Seriously, these guys are so overpowered it sickens me. (this is from a chaos marines prospective)
You're killing me. I can take Blood Angels with my Sister of Battle army. The only thing I worry about is too many dreads becuase they end being safe in close combat with my girls tarpitting my units which can't fight back.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
the only army i fear is IG and only if its a rich player who has like 9 basalisks 9 hydras or those cheesy son of a bitch vendettas. IG players who dont have a expensive army suck but the guys who have spent like $1500+ have the most insane cheesy list. i played a game where a guy had squadrons of hydra auto cannons and basalisks. he killed all my rhinos with the auto cannon shots and then shot the template weapons on my troops. that was my nurgle army i wasnt as good then my new list with the Children is way more affective and im sure i could whip the guys ass now.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts

I know how you feel. CSM vs Loyalist Marines feels like a race between chariots and cars: sure the former is incomparably cooler than the latter (to the point where you simply can't compare them to each other), but sadly the car is faster. :(

Regarding OPs question, the most intimidating thing for me is either a "1 LRC for every 750 points" list or Mech-heavy IG with limited LoS protection. Its hard to be a CC army even with Termicides, Oblits and Defilers if you get shot to pieces before actually getting there. Not to mention the HURPADURP Assault Terminators who can whoop your ass without consequences. I wish the Eldar started doing it like rabbits again so we could spam chaos god birthcries all over the place and watch them squirm. :p

Oh and Angry Marines. Nothing in the world is as intimidating as them. Oh BTW is there a new Codex for those guys? Or have the fatguys completely forgotten about them?

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
The army I hated most luckily does not appear anymore. Old chaos codex and a guy uses 80 FEARLESS cultists with icons to act as an unbreakable tarpit. Oh next turn those icons summon a load of bloodletters and a bloodthirster!

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
land raider spam is easy to deal with, you take the appropriate amount of anti tank for an army they should go down by the end of the game and whatever's left in the army list can easily be taken out by the rest of your army.

Dark lance spam terrifies me. 32 dark lances is crazy....

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Double Lash Chaos.

Yeah I can beat it, but it's still a bitch to accomplish when I'm running something stupid and fluffy and I run into it in a random game at the store.
lol yea lash is a bitch but it doesnt compare to the new blood angels and guard codex. oh and you have to admit darklance spaming with dark eldar is a real bitch, but yea i can open a ig codex and every page is cheese, same with the blood angels. but yea i cant wait for my army to get nurfed because it just wouldnt be fair if a loyalist lost to chaos. by the way i use lash and i love chicken fried Ork with my flammer spam list.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Lashes are a powerful tactical weapon, by which I mean it RUINS your opponents tactics! HAR HAR!

If Chaos marines were to get updated we will probably see a huge nerf (6 inch range, must pass a psychic test, then enemy has to fail a LD test, if successful move them d3 inches) or complete removal of the spell (what marine lover wouldn't bitch about lash? since GW loves marines the most... they will heed to them)

Enjoy it while it lasts. the lash is an intimidating power indeed.

·
Registered
519 Posts
As a Son Of Russ there is no army which can intimidate me.

As a player though I find Necrons to be extremely intimidating. I never won against them in 4th edition, suffering 6 defeats out of 6 games against them. I played them once in 5th edition, and I lost - again. I suppose it's there indestructible Monoliths and 'We'll Be Back' special rule that worry me the most.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Personally a nob heavy speed freak list always intimidates me a bit, since my army relies on a lot of anti mech assault weapons like melta's, plasma and neither are really helpful against 10 nob bikers, and 10 nobs in trucks all decked out to the teeth (Still can't believe my vindicators missed his bikers 4 times over 2 games).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts