Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title might suggest simply if you had to pick 1 model from the entire LotR miniatures. What would you choose?

To get started i would have to choose the Gulavhar model. It looks like an epic great vampire bat which makes it super awesome in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
This is such a difficult question for me as I like most of the LotR miniatures.

Gulhavar is definitely up there, it was also quite a nice mini for painting when I painted it.

As for mine, I'm going to have to have a think about it and get back to you as I haven't narrowed it down to one yet (or even a list of a reasonable length for posting :p)

·
Registered
290 Posts
i really like the plastic rangers. they just fit exactly what i imagined them to look like when reading the books. always thought it was a shame that they left them out of the film.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
One of my current favourites (I go through stages) would have to be Aragorn from 'The Death of Gothmog' set. Although other all-time favourites are the metal Uruk-Hai scouts, metal Warg Riders, metal Haldirs' Elves and metal Rangers of Gondor.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I never was a huge fan of the metal rangers, though this might be due to the fact that i sliced the top of my finger off whilst trying to clear flash off one of them :laugh: ah, fun times!

i also really like most of the dwarf models.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Cant claim to have seen all that many LoTR models, but the Nazguls were pretty bad ass!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have to agree with Red Cosairs, I like most of the models that are available but I like all of the RIngwraith unique models and I may be biased on this due to fluff but I really like the Glorfindel, my friends and I call him the Lu Bu (Dynasty warriors) of the LoTR universe XP

·
Registered
76 Posts
For me its Tom Bombadil and Goldberry,i like to see a good cheery figure now and then :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
for me, its gotta be Erkenbrand. on foot or mounted, its a kick ass model! And the Dwarf rangers are a close second.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts