Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which army has the smallest thing to be classed as an MC?

At the moment I think it is the Necron TS, but I don't know all the codices. Does anyone know a smaller one?

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Well, Tyranid Tervigons can be as small as you like to be honest (Or dishonest, depending on how you look at it). Although fluffwise, it'd have to be bigger than a Tomb Spyder to hold all those 'Gants.

Midnight

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Maybe a DE ravager (the scorpion machine thing) but its just a guess.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Well height wise the tomb spider mihgt win, but for size of person (not model size) I recon the Deceiver has everything beat. Sure teh model's 4" tall, but the Deceiver himself is only a little bit bigger then a marine, and he certainly isnt butch.

I wonder if any of the +2D6 damage pen guys have 'monstrous creature' type rules... I kinda doubt it but it would be hilarious. Like if they had just simplified Straken's rules by calling him an MC...

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Technically Phoenix Lord Fuegan attacks as a MC in close combat thanks to his fire axe. He is certainly smaller than a tomb spyder. Close contest between him and deceiver.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Kharn hits like a monstrous creature in cc and against vehicles. Hes about the size of a marine as well, If you don't count the huge hat..

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Technically Phoenix Lord Fuegan attacks as a MC in close combat thanks to his fire axe. He is certainly smaller than a tomb spyder. Close contest between him and deceiver.
Kharn hits like a monstrous creature in cc and against vehicles. Hes about the size of a marine as well, If you don't count the huge hat..
Lord Fuegan =).
Well on that basis the Necron Lord is the smallest - but none of these are MCs, so can we stay on topic?

Tervigon and Mycetic Spores don't have official models, so even though they can be made small they can also be huge. A lot of people are using a Carnifex as the base kit for Tervigons, that would make the average size still quite large. I have also seen Spores the size of Land Raiders so they were large enough for a full unit of Gaunts.

The DE Ravager is quite small, does someone know the dimensions?

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Height wise without the flying base the Talos of the DE is around 8-10cm tall so around the same height as the nightbringer and deciever

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, the deceiver is quite skinny, and the same length as the TS. Neither of them look particularly monstrous, maybe that is the understated nature of the C'tan and their minions...

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think MC refers to the relative strength of the unit rather than how it looks

SGMAlice
I don't think it can just be that: Wraiths and Tomb Spyders have the same Strength, and Wraiths are Infantry.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I don't think it can just be that: Wraiths and Tomb Spyders have the same Strength, and Wraiths are Infantry.
Not just that no.. but a part.
As you stated: They don't look very monstrous.
Strength relative to their size and/or ability/ies

Just an observation really :eek:k: :p

SGMAlice

·
Registered
800 Posts
Surely Deamon Prince? Since there is no set height for one, it could just be the size of a marine but hes blue skinned or something? Sure I read in a WD a long time ago that you could convert a regular marine into a DP.

·
4,491 Posts
Surely Deamon Prince? Since there is no set height for one, it could just be the size of a marine but hes blue skinned or something? Sure I read in a WD a long time ago that you could convert a regular marine into a DP.
Nope.
There are 2 Deamon Prince models.
The old metal one, and the new plastic one.

If you used a normal marine as a DP then expect the opponent to make a few complaints lol.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Nope.
There are 2 Deamon Prince models.
The old metal one, and the new plastic one.

If you used a normal marine as a DP then expect the opponent to make a few complaints lol.
I wasn't aware he only meant models currently supplied by GW, I thought he was open to all ideas, but yeah I think it was in the last Chaos 'dex that it said deamon princes vary in size, from been hulking monsters, to appearing as a regular marine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts