Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
according to the fluff ive been able to find, the emperor seems to be a jesus figure that is common to most religions. the wikipedia entry stated that he has walked among mankind for thousands of years; it is possible that he has been the messiah figure for EVERY religion (my own humble theory).
my theory aside, it would seem that the Golden Throne is actually a very, very bad idea for the imperium because it keeps the emperor trapped in a vegetative state, thus disallowing his soul from moving on to another vessel.
but like i said, this is all my conjecture; if anyone has any ideas please post em :victory:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
basically, the emperor's the shit....

:biggrin:

aside from that, your analysis of the emperor as a sort of compilation of the archetypal messianic figure common to the main world religions does seem apt. as far as confining the emperor to the golden throne, what i know of imperial theology makes no mention of the emperor's soul having the ability to occupy another body (in fact, there's no mention at all of reincarnation...). it seems to me that the pragmatic reason for not simply allowing the emperor to die (assuming he would without the throne) is simply the astronomican. assumedly, the astronomican would no longer function without the emperor. if this were to happen, the imperium would be brought to its knees, as warp transit over any distance would be mind-numbingly dangerous without the beacon.

well, that's my take on it, anyhoo...

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
The Emperor is the last of the Eldar humans (No, not the pointy-headed variety) that learned to reincarnate. When the Chaos Gods grew so powerful they blocked the Warp, they found it harder and harder to come back from the dead. So they commited ritual suicide and formed themselves into the Emperor, the last, best hope for Humanity.

So now that he's "dead", they're just going to have to come up with a new plan.
-Dirge

·
Registered
44 Posts
No the Emperor isnt chaos. His psychic presence does exist within the warp like the chaos gods though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well that could be said for a lot of psykers. As you all probably know, pskyers' souls differ from non-psykers' in that they do not just disappear into the reaches of the Warp. Take Sanguinius for example. He was so potent a psyker that he could've easily become a demigod of the Warp after his death at the hands of Horus. That's just my 2 cents. ^_^

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Except the Emperor is pretty much the God Almighty in the Warp. Only the 4 Powers combined could even hope to destroy him, and they hate each other too much to slap down the Emperor.

-Dirge

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very true. Khorne is too busy killing stuff to worry about killing stuff with help. Slaanesh is too busy sexing it up with succubi. The other 2 are doing what they do. They're all just too busy. That and they all pretty much hate each others' guts.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Cypher heads towards the golden throne, eventually he'll reach it, euthanise the emperor, and we'll see what happens....

or we would've done if they hadn't let Andy Chambers go.

·
Registered
65 Posts
He is MAN and he shall walk among us again in a glorious golden Dreadnought body built by the Tech preists of the Torch Bearers!
We will reclaim the Imperium from the traitors that infest it in the light of war!
Illuminate the dark with fire!

·
Registered
118 Posts
but if the emperor was to die do you realy think anyone will ever find out about it ???
of course not! otherwise they'd be mutiny and rebelion "oh noooo the emperor is dead we're all dooooomed dooooooooooomed i say!!" so if he was left to die which he might be it would be kept a secret just to keep moral up. of course you might think this theory is a load of rubish.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Captain Galus in the first post of this thread you stated that their is no fluff that states that reincarnation is a possibility for the Emperor. I dissagree, as there are stories about the Thorean faction of the Inquisition who work towards that very goal. They are named after Sabastian Thor who some say may have been a mortal vesal for some of the Emporer's power. Thier goal is to kill the Emporer only for him to be born again. It talks about them in many sources including the Inquisitor rulebook. Peace.

·
Registered
267 Posts
As CCCP mentioned, there emperor is in fact the by product of all the Shaman's of Earth in ancient times, combining their powers into one individual. At the time, they were losing the ability to reincarnate because Chaos was devouring the souls in the warp, so they had to create an individual who would be immortal, the result was the emperor. According to the knowledge avaliable, the emperor is human in the most basic sense, but physically/mentally/psychically greater than any other human.

I have also read that he was born around 8000 BC somewhere in the middle east, but I don't remember where I saw this.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Very true. Khorne is too busy killing stuff to worry about killing stuff with help. Slaanesh is too busy sexing it up with succubi. The other 2 are doing what they do. They're all just too busy. That and they all pretty much hate each others' guts.
Nurgle's Farting it up :wink:

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
As CCCP mentioned, there emperor is in fact the by product of all the Shaman's of Earth in ancient times, combining their powers into one individual. At the time, they were losing the ability to reincarnate because Chaos was devouring the souls in the warp, so they had to create an individual who would be immortal, the result was the emperor. According to the knowledge avaliable, the emperor is human in the most basic sense, but physically/mentally/psychically greater than any other human.

I have also read that he was born around 8000 BC somewhere in the middle east, but I don't remember where I saw this.
If he was around about this time, wouldn't GW have implemented a similar character into fantasy? Cause i dont know a lot and is there a Emporer like figure?

·
Registered
267 Posts
If he was around about this time, wouldn't GW have implemented a similar character into fantasy? Cause i dont know a lot and is there a Emporer like figure?
If you look at any reliable 40k source it mentions the Emperor being born roughly during 8000 B.C somewhere in Antolia or the Middle East. (I've seen both mentioned)
I don't know why they would implement a character into fantasy like this as he would be vastly overpowered.(Just my two cents) If during the future when there are weapons of unbelievable power and he walks among mankind like a God, I can not imagine what kind of destruction he could wrought in the fantasy world.

Can anyone confirm if the Fantasy and 40k Worlds are linked anyways. I always thought they were seperate, but can anoyne confirm/disprove this? Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Some people think that the world Warhammer Fantasy takes place on is a real planet in the 40K universe, its just cut off from the rest of the galaxy by warp storms. However, I've never read any canon that genuinly backs up this claim; and as far as I know, there isn't a "god like" messiah figure in WH Fantasy (although admittedly I don't have much expierence in the WH Fantasy fluff).

And as far as the emperor's death going unnoticed, wouldn't his passing disrupt the Astropath and make warp travel for the Imperium impossible?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts