Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so in a league that is coming up each player must face every other player 2 times once where the opponent gets to choose the mission and once where the player gets to pick the mission. I already have a pretty good idea of how to play all of the standard missions i however dont know which one is truely best for my force really. So i was wondering if the good people here could help me decide what kind of mission my list would best be suited for.

heres the list basic list seeing as it will vary depending on my opponents list because you dont have to keep the same list

(210) Eldrad

(155) Yriel count as

(291) 10 Warlocks w/ 1 embolden, 1 enhance, 2 destructor, 2 singing spears
(110) Wave serpent w/ TL shuriken cannons & spirit stones

(80) 5 Fire dragons
(110) Wave Serpent w/ spirit stones and TL shuriken cannons

(127) 10 Storm guardians w/ 2 flamers, warlock w/ destructor
(125) Wave serpent w/ TL scatter lasers & spirit stones

(85) 10 Defender guardians w/ shuriken cannon
(145) Wave serpent w/ TL bright lances & spirit stones

(60) 5 Dire avengers
(180) Falcon w/ EML, holo field & spirit stones

(160) Fire prism w/ Holo field & spirit stones
(160) Fire prism w/ Holo field & spirit stones

I know its good at all the missions because in kp its really hard to crack that many tanks so my opponent usually has a very low score, with many objectives my higher mobility usually leads to me taking more with last turn boosts, and in bases i can usually just keep the off my objective and rush there to contest with the council seeing as how their ass hard to get out.

Just wondering peoples thoughts and thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
133 Posts
hey,
my initial feeling would be that this army would be at its strongest in annihilation like you thought.
My reasoning for saying this is mainly due to the number of troops you have on the board initially and how likely they are to weather a turn once they're on the board (since they can't get out, shoot, then get back in all in one turn)

I know it wasn't the question but if I were you I'd consider dropping the Falcon with the Dire Avengers so that you could instead upgrade the Guardians and Storm Guardians to Dire Avengers. With the points left over more Fire Dragons could also be purchased!

I hope that this is useful and best of luck with your tournament! =)

PS. my final word of advice is to also consider what game type your opponent is weakest at since with those improvements your list should be fairly strong at all 3 game types

·
Registered
632 Posts
I agrre about the annhilation missions, but as this is a ulthwe army list might i suggest replacing the 5man DA and falcon with another 10 Defender guardians w/ shuriken cannon and a Wave serpent w/ TL bright lances & spirit stones. You will also have 10pts or so spare to get a 3rd destructor an the warlock unit. This way you army will have more firepower and be able to win in all the missions not just 1 or 2 of them.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually have yet to lose at any game type with this army the only problem is i ususally somehow end up playing my friends, a new person, a person with a bad army, or a made up game type like 3 way battles or special rules in state so i was just wondering thanks alot guys.

I dont want to lose the guardians because then it isnt ulthwe, in a serious serious tournament if i haaaaad to win i would knock them down to davu for some more points, and seeing as how i run my list so that the fire dragons get guided the turn that they shoot by eldrad 5 fire dragons pretty much always work.

And my davu in a falcon is my home objective holding unit usually, i keep it slightly mobile but i leave it near my obj so that even if it gets destroyed the dire avengers can either run and go to ground on the objective or they can hide in its wreckage. And the falcon i find does a better job than the one shot bl because the main concern of this list is taking out heavy support and 3 s8 shots i tend to find more useful than the one bl shot when i already have a bl and a unit of fd and a seer council (i only use them as anti tank if i need to though) however if i know im playing lr spam i might get the additional bl but i doubt ill face that in this league. Also it gives me something to guide the first turn tehe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts