Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God, I just don't get it. How come 10 year olds are just so blooming whiney when playing competitive game? Went down to my local club, and this 1o year old with nids ask me for a game. "Ok then," I say. He promptly puts on all hsi forces, which was a carnifex, a hive node, 2 raveners and umpteen termagants and genestealers. I deploy my forces, first lining up my guardsmen in an orderly fashion, at put my trusty ol' basilisk on the table, when he lets out a whine.
"you can't have that!"he cries
"Why not?"
"It'll blow me to pieces!"
"Well, duh, thats what it's designed to do."
"You'll thrash me in 1 turn!"
"Ok, ok, you win. I'll take it off."
Disgruntled, i remove the basilisk and put on my leman russ, when he lets out another whine.
"That'll destroy me to!"
"OH FOR GODS SAKES!"

The arguments go on like this for about half an hour. I know.

On a less to do with 40k note, i turn on my Xbox and go on Battlefield 2. the first match I go on has a little kid called "Gun1t6352" swearing his head off at the guy with the sniper rifle in the mosque. God what is it 10 year olds?!

·
Registered
995 Posts
They haven't learned to turn off the whine switch. Since their balls have not dropped, they can't physically "man up"

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
For young complainer my standard responses are " DO you want some cheese with your whine?" of " Man, my 3 year old kid doesn't whine this much."

That usually shuts them up and stops the whining but generally I don't play young players unless I have seen them play a game or I know someone that has played them before. I have meet a lot of great players that are between 10 -14 in age and they act more mature than some 30 year olds.

Also carry a list of your army and show it to the kid before you start saying "this is the army I am going to play." so that if he doesn't like it you don't have to play him.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
smack him round the back of the head and tell him to stop whinning.

i hate little kids, they don't know the rules they cry when you rape them after 3 turns and you have to tell them too many times to stop pre measureing and grbbing your models by the most fragile part.

·
Registered
517 Posts
The problem is simple - ten year olds don't have any balls yet. And also, parents nowadays sometimes are horribly bad at raiding their children. This type of cildish behaviour is a million times worse than my little brother's, for instance.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'm pretty good at children raiding. The playgrounds of Oklahoma City are my...uh...playgrounds? D'AAAARRR!

·
Registered
304 Posts
hehe, I had a load of whiny 10 year olds at my local GW tournament, but it weren't till I pwned them did they shut up...

(yes, there weren't just beat, they were pwned)

I love it when someone whines "don't put that on there, that'll kill me", my usual reply is "oh really? I should have brought two then...". Sorts em out every time :wink:

·
Registered
75 Posts
steel rain, you are definetly sounding like a pediphile.

you should not be playing with or raiding children. unless you are a child. then it is ok. (i guess)

Also, teenagers aren't the most mature people ever. Ever seen Superbad. The langauge in the movie is extremely similar to our daily conversations. I'm not as bad as the rest of my friends, but we are not easily labeled mature.

·
Registered
995 Posts
of course I'm messing around. You are right about Superbad. It's closer to real life than Dawson's Creek ever was. McLovin? Your name is McLovin? What are you, Seal?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
i wont play with anyone more then a year or two younger then me. younger kids don't understand that they aren't always gonna win.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sound like you have a bit of a Soap Opera going on at your local club... every couple days we get a new "episode" here at the forums. :biggrin:

But really, when dealing with young children in general, just try to be as polite as possible and remember that probably once upon a time you too were equally annoying (No offense intended. I remember that I used to annoy the hell out of my older brother when I was little ankle biter).

You could threaten to wash their mouths out with soap, or hire a child pirate (see above post for details :p). Or you could find a troll, I hear their quite fond of small children. I think I've seen a couple at my local hobby shop (smelled like trolls anyway), perhaps drawn there by the readily available food source.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Or a witch in a gingerbread house. They like children too. Good in stews.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
lol once some little kid came up to me at th GW store and was like "hey u wanna play a game?" i was like "ya sure," so then the kid goes up to a redshirt and asks if he can borrow some tau minis. i immediately slap my forhead, realizing that i just signed away the next 10-30mins of my life for no reason.
so we start playing, i pull out some of my Angels against this kids tau, and he whoops my ass hardcore.
dont underestimate the sheer cunning of a 10 year old :shok:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think the thing with 10 year olds is that they're 10 years old, and accordingly, they act like 10 year olds.

I guess I'm a bit older than most people on these forums but I wouldn't play against a 10 year old, I don't wanna beat a 10 year old brat and I sure as hell don't want to lose to one.

·
Registered
429 Posts
man u guys have it lukey ma local club i atend some times there is only ten year olds lol a 17 year old and a patrick lol (he,'s ok ) so this ten year old comes up to me say u owe me a quid so i say wtf u tralking about
he ends up goingin on about he gave me a pound wit a 100% intrest on it so it comes to 65 quid how do thay get a way with it i want to kill them all
all the ones that play warhammer and all xbox live games ......ALLL OF THEM

·
Registered
190 Posts
They want to win, as i remember a kid at my local GW was playing in a store apocalypse battle and he deployed his 106 marines and HQ (from that big set, the name escapes me), and ran away from my side taking site of the baneblade. so later during the same game, m friend was getting blasted by the marines and asks for help. I fire at the marines with the baneblade cannon. I remember he started screaming to the world i was cheating. His first call was that he wasn't the guy i deployed across from, which was over-ruled by one of the staff, and he also said i was out of range, but the baneblade does shoot 72 inches, so he was over-ruled. He then quit the game, as the blast left 14 marines, i believe. It was the best rolling i did with it. Anyhow a story to waste a minute of your life.

·
Registered
51 Posts
They want to win, as i remember a kid at my local GW was playing in a store apocalypse battle and he deployed his 106 marines and HQ (from that big set, the name escapes me), and ran away from my side taking site of the baneblade. so later during the same game, m friend was getting blasted by the marines and asks for help. I fire at the marines with the baneblade cannon. I remember he started screaming to the world i was cheating. His first call was that he wasn't the guy i deployed across from, which was over-ruled by one of the staff, and he also said i was out of range, but the baneblade does shoot 72 inches, so he was over-ruled. He then quit the game, as the blast left 14 marines, i believe. It was the best rolling i did with it. Anyhow a story to waste a minute of your life.
The only big SM set I can think of is Macragge, so Marneus Calgar? I dunno. But yeah, he was just looking for excuses, and when he ran out, he decided to be a little bitch and leave. Total prick. I have no sympathy for people like that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know some 26 year olds like that....

"Oh you blew up my land raider crusader in the first turn, i can't win now, shall we start again?"

1 - 20 of 48 Posts