Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run CSM and I tend to play at point levels of 1850 / 2000 / 2250 and I tend to run 3 troop choices being 1 - 7 man nurgle and 2 - 8 man zerks. I have effectively won games with this small amount of troops and was wondering should I try to incorporate another troop choice and if so would adding say 7 lesser demons be enough? I am not to sure on what is an ideal number to run lesser demons. I plan on using them for objective grabbing but would also like to use them for tying a unit in combat to get a counter charge with my zerkers so they would have to be large enough to withstand one round of atacks. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i think the lesser daemons would be a good idea there really as any of the other 3 troops choices would seem out of place and 2 Zerker units should be enought.

·
4,491 Posts
I generally stick to the golden rule of 1 Troop choice for every 500 points.
3 Troop choices at 2000+ is usually not survivable enough to be reliable in objective missions.

Regarding Lesser Daemons, im not really a fan.
I would stick to your Plague Marines and Khorne Berzerkers.
A second unit of Plague Marines would compliment your army well for those 2000+ games.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Since, you are looking for a unit to grab objectives or tie a unit up in combat than Plague Marines are amazing. Blight Grenades are wonderful when you are getting charged. FNP keeps these marines kicking long after they are dead. A unit of Plague with the right gear can also bring the hurt making these guys offensive.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I think you should use chaos spawn.

The obvious answer is more plague marines, maybe zerkers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts