Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i played a game this AM. Orks vs SM, we where at some guys house, i have seen him around the local off and on for over a year and we have talked and all that good stuff. Well today the guys and i went to the local shop he told us to come on over and we would play on his new table. we got to his place and his table is nice, city ruins with jungle over growing on buildings. Now to the point...

I had moved my lootas in to great cover, they had good line of sight. from my side of the table it just looked like busted up ruins that had fallen, they looked like sand bags stocked on one another in behind of my lootas(the way in this bunker was not on the backside,it is on a side). well here comes his Rhino. im thinking ok he is about to drop off a bunch of pissed off SM and my lootas are done for. well he did not. he moved his Rhino under the cover my lootas where in! it was like he went under an over pass. (His rhinoe was on the back side of a blown out building, so i could not fire on it)

i was mad at myself for not seeing it, not mad at him. well i get my green butt stomped.

I think he was really just looking for some guys to test this little trick on for fun. After thinking about it, i do think it was a dirty move on his part, he could have told me 1st. Then again i need to scan the table to look for crap like that...then again i should not have to look for underground safe ways:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
sounds a little fishy to me :/

did you ask him about it after?
if so what did he say?

did he model this in other places or was this the only place?
if he'd done these over/underpasses all over it coud just be part of the board, but if he only had the one i think it could be for some cheese of a reason :/

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds a little fishy to me :/

did you ask him about it after?
if so what did he say?

did he model this in other places or was this the only place?
if he'd done these over/underpasses all over it coud just be part of the board, but if he only had the one i think it could be for some cheese of a reason :/
it was just the one place, i told him that was cunning,i dont lose my cool to much and would rather play him again. my friend Greg jumped in right after me and his Nids had a good meal :so_happy:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
did he make a break for this underpass the 2nd time against the nids?

oh yeah, im not saying you lost your cool, i just wondered if you talked about it at all?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
did he make a break for this underpass the 2nd time against the nids?

oh yeah, im not saying you lost your cool, i just wondered if you talked about it at all?
lol he tryed to rush his little fox hole but it was a no go. oh im sorry i did not mean to come off like that. i just smiled and told him that his little hole is cunning and thats about it. He could tell that i was a little unhappy about his trick but now i know he is a tricky one.No we did not really talk about it, Greg did mouth off a little in game about his hole lol. I will play him again soon i hope, and on a table i know.

Have you ever seen something done like that before?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
not really, then again i havent played on many 'solid built' boards, just generic flat ones with movable terrain

but ive seen some with similar tricks tried, tho they were more all over the board and central to the theme.

a very old board i saw was a ruined manufactorium that had the actual board as generic factory/inside of a giant building. what was good about it was that it had a sort of 'web' of walkways above so the board had this two layer thing going along, very cool. i dont remember what the rules were for getting up and down, but some guy bought it in to show it off one day and i never saw it again :')

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
aye :D

i'd love to try and re-create something like what i saw, tho it'd require alot of planning to try and prevent any 'game winning' manuvers or unbalencing on either side

also the bits! oh the bits i'd need for such a task!!! haha

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
aye :D

i'd love to try and re-create something like what i saw, tho it'd require alot of planning to try and prevent any 'game winning' manuvers or unbalencing on either side

also the bits! oh the bits i'd need for such a task!!! haha
how big of a point game could you go in a place like that?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
how big of a point game could you go in a place like that?
not sure, to be honest

i rekon it would depend on how many walkways there are and how much terrain there would be. i'd hazard a guess at 1000 points on a 4-4 board?

i'd think it could be fluffy too, as theres some stuff in the ig codex about entire battles happening entirely within the manufactoriums of armageddon, with the production lines still going and chimeras rolling off to battle without so much as a paint job XD

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I think that a few different terrain points like this make for an interesting game and to be honest yes it can throw you the first time but after that you know its their and can prepare for it soit's just a 1 trick pony that becomes a ready made tomb 2nd time round.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts