Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is no chaos . Would that mean that the Eldars becomes the strongest force since they did not or cannot created the fourth chaos God. Instead it's possible that the Eldars might just splinter into two factions. One dark eldar and the other just eldar.

I'm not sure if there would of been a primarch develop since it's possible that there might not of been any unification war. HUmans would just keep on developing and advancing since the age of strife never happened.

Orcs would still be a threat and in the future Necrons and possible nids. If anything it be the humans coming into conflict with the Eldars . I don't know if during the dark age of technology if humans were all unified or not. If not then the unification war would happened at a much later time.

Warp travel or warp power without the absence of chaos just means it's just powerful stuff. I think there still be allot of wars happening but not because of chaos but because it's human nature.
Wars over resources or just wanting to become independent from other worlds.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Uhm no if Slaanesh was never born the entire universe would probably be under Eldar control and they would behave just as bad as they used to. The Dark Eldar would have never existed since their seperation from the Eldar was because of Slaanesh and the Eldar not wanting to give up their old way of life if I'm not mistaking.

Warp travel would still be possible because Chaos would still exist, just not the sentient entities called the Chaos Gods who were born from it because.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Uhm no if Slaanesh was never born the entire universe would probably be under Eldar control and they would behave just as bad as they used to. The Dark Eldar would have never existed since their seperation from the Eldar was because of Slaanesh and the Eldar not wanting to give up their old way of life if I'm not mistaking.
Not quite. The Dark Eldar (though they weren't known as "Dark Eldar") ruled the late Eldar Empire and were the Eldar. The Craftworld and Exodite Eldar factions were simply minority outspoken factions that abandoned the heartlands of the Empire as they became disillusioned by the depravity of their race. The Eldar (predecessors of the Dark Eldar) were mostly wiped out by Slaanesh's birth, the only survivors being those who inhabited the webway. Essentially the true Eldar are the Dark Eldar.

So, without Slaanesh, there is no reason why the depravity of the Eldar Empire wouldn't have continued - the Craftworld and Exodite factions would have quite possibly been wiped out by their brethren.

The Golden Age of Technology would have likely continued for Mankind, who would have no doubt eventually gained the unwelcome attention of the Eldar Empire. Realistically, given the depredation of the Empire, there may well have only been one survivor - most likely the Eldar in my opinion (depending on how much their depravity and hedonism had effected their ability to wage large-scale war.)

The Necrons would have awoken as they did, though the arrival of the Tyranids wouldn't be guaranteed given the Astronomican probably wouldn't exist. By M41, the two superpowers may well have been the Necrons and either Mankind or the (Dark) Eldar.

Though who knows what other species, civilisations and realms would have thrived without the existence of Chaos. The political landscape of the galaxy may well have been completely unrecognisable (compared to real 40k) without Chaos.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I wouldn't say the nids would never come, there's hints in the dex that they could be running from something.

The eldar might be able to fight golden age humanity but I don't think they could win. After all if the emperor would have gotten the imperial webway working the entire old ones vs the necrons would be playing out again.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
I wouldn't say the nids would never come
Nor me, I just said their arrival wouldn't be guaranteed.

The eldar might be able to fight golden age humanity but I don't think they could win. After all if the emperor would have gotten the imperial webway working the entire old ones vs the necrons would be playing out again.
That's the point though - the Imperium wouldn't exist (unless the Emperor was able to somehow gain control of the Golden Age Human Federations). Quite possibly - if the Emperor was in fact the reincarnation of the shamans - neither would the Emperor...

And even if humanity gained access to the webway, it would be near impossible to conquer given there wouldn't have been a Fall of the Eldar to shatter the majority of the webway and the Eldar would have utterly dominated it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Aren't there still the C'Tan? as in the C'tan become the main gods in charge of things

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Aren't there still the C'Tan? as in the C'tan become the main gods in charge of things
Nah, the Necrons enslaved them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts