Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
If the Emperor couldnt with all his psychic might outright beat a Chaos Empowered Horus, then what chance does the Shadow in the Warp have on the EoT!? Your playing in Khorns back yard where Skulltaker is playing fetch with Karnak, and the Carnie is the chew toy. Hell fluff shows what happens when Nids fight Chaos. The Daemonhunters had to destroy a Hivefleet touch by Nurgles Rot. The IWs made a Hive Ship the slave for Titans thanks to the Obliterator Virus. 5th Edition Rulebook has artwork of a Bloodthirster making a Carnie his bitch :biggrin: And jugernaut plowing thru fear striken Gaunts.

that what would happen every time. A seemingly uncountable number of Nids vs a truly incountable number of Daemons. Thats not including the vast Legions. Mutiple Legions that are 10 times larger than the Ultramarine Chapter that bested Hive Fleet Behemoth.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I would say the Bugs would enter start to get confused. I would argue that there is so much warp it starts to interfere with their synapse, instead of the other way around.
That sounds pretty plausible actually maybe even with a giant fleet theyre synapse would be all messed up

What DNA? Daemons aren't made of flesh and blood they're made of pure Chaos energy siphoned off from their patron God.
Well they do leave behind a physical body when they die, just their essence, soul, whatever goes back to the warp. Like seen in the picture

Sanguinius is holding the daemons head, after its dead of course, which means the physical body is still left over. Also when Sanguinius broke the Greater Daemon Ka'Bandha back and threw his carcass back at the forces of Chaos. Meaning they do leave behind a dead body just like any human or ork, and dont just dissipate or turn into ashes.

Now Im sure since they have a physical form they must be made of SOMETHING and even if Tyranids can't assimilate their DNA into their own, Im sure they would recycle it into something to use.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Perhaps a new Chaos God would arise from the conflict between WarpSpace and ShadowintheWarp space.

"I am insectosaurus! God of all bugs everywhere! Fear me or my moth minions will eat your clothes off your back!"

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Well they do leave behind a physical body when they die, just their essence, soul, whatever goes back to the warp. Like seen in the picture

Sanguinius is holding the daemons head, after its dead of course, which means the physical body is still left over. Also when Sanguinius broke the Greater Daemon Ka'Bandha back and threw his carcass back at the forces of Chaos. Meaning they do leave behind a dead body just like any human or ork, and dont just dissipate or turn into ashes.

Now Im sure since they have a physical form they must be made of SOMETHING and even if Tyranids can't assimilate their DNA into their own, Im sure they would recycle it into something to use.

Good point. However MUTIPLE BL novels show Daemons turning to ash, goo, or simply fade out into the warp upon death. Now i think about it it could just be the nature of Chaos. Some Bodies staying and others dissapating. I f a Nid ate the Warp Carcass, I can see Spawns quickly coming about. The taint of Chaos will be directly taken in the Hive. Possibilities.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I always thought of deamons physical for burning up with warp fire when they died, or maybe going to goo if their nurgle. Although there is a story in the WoC army book about WoC trading with dwarfs using a pickled bloodletter head as currency

1 question though why would tyranids go into the EoT? they wouldn't be able to detect biomass or the silver choir there.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Just to clear something up for one of the posters whose name I can't be bothered to check the Chaos Gods are powerful enough to not actually need the emotions of the lesser races to survive. They are self sustaining.

As well as this because of the tiny amount of the god's power that it takes to make a daemon, the daemon hordes are for all intents and purposes unlimited as when you kill a daemon it is simply banished back to the warp to mewl in its on hatred until it can get revenge.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nids mess up the warp in a bad way, aqlso known a shadow in the warp. If it can blok out an astropath, think what would happen if they decided to go to the very source of the phyker power, it might end up with most phykers loseing their powers.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nids mess up the warp in a bad way, aqlso known a shadow in the warp. If it can blok out an astropath, think what would happen if they decided to go to the very source of the phyker power, it might end up with most phykers loseing their powers.
Doubtful. If Eldred (The biggest jerk in the universe) and divert a hive fleet into Orks, then the source, a much more powerful Warp source, would tear their little buggy brains apart.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
You have to remember that not all worlds in the Eye are Deamon worlds though many are full of corrupted humans, slave fodder and chaos marines and it makes sense that many of the first planets that the Nids would encounter would be staging posts for the black crusades so there would be plenty of biomass for them to assimilate.
Also there is a good chance that the god's/ different factions wouldn't just try and divert the nids towards their enemies rather than all just holding hands and working together( despite GW insistence that all the chaos gods and their followers are the best of freinds)

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Um no. The Psykers draw on the warp, the EoT is the Warp. Thats like saying a firehose cant put out a forest fire, but the forest fire cant touch the ocean. Big difference in power.

Doubtful. If Eldred (The biggest jerk in the universe) and divert a hive fleet into Orks, then the source, a much more powerful Warp source, would tear their little buggy brains apart.
Actually I belive it was Krypton and the deathwatch that sent Genestealers to the ork System to atract the Nids attention.

However if that stupid Ultra Librarian Tyredian (or whatever his name is) can read the Hive Mind safely, then a Tzeentch Sorceror could do worse or more.

You have to remember that not all worlds in the Eye are Deamon worlds though many are full of corrupted humans, slave fodder and chaos marines and it makes sense that many of the first planets that the Nids would encounter would be staging posts for the black crusades so there would be plenty of biomass for them to assimilate.
Also there is a good chance that the god's/ different factions wouldn't just try and divert the nids towards their enemies rather than all just holding hands and working together( despite GW insistence that all the chaos gods and their followers are the best of freinds)
The Chaos Gods band together to slap down the Big E. The Hivemind would be on the same threat lvl, why not? Also every world in the EoT may not have a DP but is indeed a Daemon World as daemons run rampant everywhere in the EoT.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
However if that stupid Ultra Librarian Tyredian (or whatever his name is) can read the Hive Mind safely, then a Tzeentch Sorceror could do worse or more.
Tygerius, considered one of the most powerful human psykers in the Imperium (certainly blowing Mephiston out of the water in sheer psychic might)- maybe Ahriman could equal his efforts but not your average sorceror.

·
Registered
894 Posts
1) chaos would mutate nidz.
2) nidz would consume chaos-tainted flesh, and adapt... into spawn.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah, I don't think the Obliterator's taste is appealing to nids, just imagine what a nurggle minion would taste like...:grin:

Seriously though, their Shadow in the Warp power should mess with the daemons pretty bad, block their powers or something like that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would think if a hive fleet could even enter the Eye of Terror they would be corrupted and possessed then regurgitated back in to the universe to wreak havoc on all including other hive fleets.

The Chaos gods are gods after all they could eject a hive fleet with minimal effort I would imagine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
grizbe beat me to the punchline by about 12 days. damn.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Tygerius, considered one of the most powerful human psykers in the Imperium (certainly blowing Mephiston out of the water in sheer psychic might)- maybe Ahriman could equal his efforts but not your average sorceror.

Please...:laugh: Tygerius game statistics are sooo pathetic. Mephyston, Typhus, Ahriman, High lvl Tzeentch Sorcerors, are high lvl. I rate the Ultra Smurf better than your average Chief Librarian.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.