Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this is my first thread but ive been a avid forum reader for over a year and one question that hasnt been asked is what if a tyranid splinter fleet was to get afoothold within the eye of terror because surely the amount of biomass within would make it a huge target?? or would the warp energies twist and mutate the tyranids in a bad way ?:scratchhead: what do you think?:so_happy:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Everything would explode.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Pretty much divide 40k by Zero...

I'd think that the chaos gods would do their best to warp and mutate the nids and set forth the demon possessed abominations to create havok.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Imagin a Black Crusade with Trygons and Carnifexes ridden by World eaters, and Tervigons pooping Nurglings. You have a good Idea what it would happen to that Hive Fleet.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I'd imagine Tzeentch wouldn't let that happen...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You mean something bad happen to Chaos instead of the Imperium? That'll never happen. If anything slips through the Eye to attack the Chaos worlds within it'll be white fluffy bunnies while the Imperium will be attacked by a giant rent in the warp that releases Khorne, Nurgle, and Slaanesh all at the same time.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
well this is my first thread but ive been a avid forum reader for over a year and one question that hasnt been asked is what if a tyranid splinter fleet was to get afoothold within the eye of terror because surely the amount of biomass within would make it a huge target?? or would the warp energies twist and mutate the tyranids in a bad way ?:scratchhead: what do you think?:so_happy:
If the tyranids entered the Eye of Terror they'd come up against the only force that could easily grind them to dust with greater numbers- The Chaos Daemons. Not only are the hordes of Chaos vast and invincible but even if the 'Nids were to win a battle or 2 they would gain no benefit because they can't consume the Daemon's essence.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Didn't Storm of Iron have a hiveship that had been mutated by the Obliterator virus into a Chaos titan transport? Now THAT would be a nasty surprise.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I like to think that Tyranids would be welcomed with open arms. They seem to embody all 4 Chaos Gods.
Vicious in melee, willing to throw critters into the fray regardless of the death toll (Khorne)
Consume and regenerate the fallen (Nurgle)
Utterly fearless and under complete mind control (Slaanesh)
Wily little tricksters with lots of unorthodox methods for winning (Tzeentch)

I think there would be a big old party as they frolicked together in the eye of terror. I mean cmon. Whats not to like?
Tyranids can consume all the possessed humans and such they like, the demons have a perpetual regenerating foe.
Endless war!

Man that would be great.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Not only are the hordes of Chaos vast and invincible but even if the 'Nids were to win a battle or 2 they would gain no benefit because they can't consume the Daemon's essence.
Yea but even when Daemons die they leave their physical form behind for the Tyranids to assimilate into the Hive Mind. Since they're also taking in that DNA Im pretty sure they'll change but since when Daemons die they just go back to the Warp I'm sure they'll be fighting forever and ever

Until a large enough Tyranid fleet comes in and cast a shadow over the warp
OR
They eat all sentient species and Chaos is unable to feed off spiritual and emotional energy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha cheers for the replys ive always wondered due to a picture of artwork in the new rulebook where a army of khorne deamons are getting the beat down on a load of tyranids especially a carnifex by a blood thirster:so_happy:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yea but even when Daemons die they leave their physical form behind for the Tyranids to assimilate into the Hive Mind. Since they're also taking in that DNA Im pretty sure they'll change but since when Daemons die they just go back to the Warp I'm sure they'll be fighting forever and ever

OR
They eat all sentient species and Chaos is unable to feed off spiritual and emotional energy
Not only is it nigh impossible to get some daemon to eat, their flavor isn't that good.

Now for the question: I would say the Bugs would enter start to get confused. I would argue that there is so much warp it starts to interfere with their synapse, instead of the other way around.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts

OR
What DNA? Daemons aren't made of flesh and blood they're made of pure Chaos energy siphoned off from their patron God.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'd think that if a Tyranid fleet were to pass through where the Eye of Terror (or similar rifts) overlaps with physical space, there would just be a pocket of normal space moving along around the fleet. In other words, the fleet would pass through the region without interacting with the rift and keep going through normal space, and everything would go back to abnormal afterward.

·
Registered
575 Posts
haha, i'm making a tyranid/dreadnaught monster for my next dred. So hopefully someone can help me with fluff to make sense out of it.

woog out!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts