Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The I5 massacre saw Ferrus Manus dead along with the creme of the Iron Hands Legion, but the bulk of the Legion did not die there. When Fulgrim attacked Ferrus he disabled the bulk of the Iron Hand's fleet. Manus was only able to bring the best of his Legion to I5, so while the best went down... what happened to the rest? So far the Black Library has been good at not leaving loose ends. In "Betrayer" I liked how they addressed how the Emp. was a jerk to Angron for no good reason. We didn't get an answer, but they did put the question out there.

With the bulk of the legion surviving, how would that feel to those who didn't go to I5? I wasn't good enough to fight beside the Primarch? Wouldn't you think they would have that much more to prove?

I hope they don't just leave (close to) an entire Legion out of the HH. Dorn argued with, and almost fought Corax over what was left of his legion (a small 2,500 warriors). 10s of thousands of Iron Hands left with no direction, and knowing they weren't good enough to go to I5? If I was one of the writers I would like to write the story of the guy Ferrus left in charge when he left for I5.

In some way it has to be written that he steers the legion to being more mechanical. Or maybe sell their collective souls to the devil by worshiping the "Machine God". What the Emp. did to create/capture the "Machine God" is hideous.

·
Registered
688 Posts
It is exactly what you have described that made them hate their own forms so much.

They hated Ferrus for letting his emotions rule. Hated the veterans for not fighting harder. Hated the other legions for withdrawing and most of all hated them self for not being there to change it.

This began the spiral of self loathing and their hatred of weakness in all it's forms. If the flesh of a primarch was so easily slain then all flesh is week, emotion is week. Bit by bit they became more like the cold unfeeling machines. Steel is stronger than flesh so that will be replaced too.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is exactly what you have described that made them hate their own forms so much.

They hated Ferrus for letting his emotions rule. Hated the veterans for not fighting harder. Hated the other legions for withdrawing and most of all hated them self for not being there to change it.

This began the spiral of self loathing and their hatred of weakness in all it's forms. If the flesh of a primarch was so easily slain then all flesh is week, emotion is week. Bit by bit they became more like the cold unfeeling machines. Steel is stronger than flesh so that will be replaced too.
Ironic when you put it like that. In the end what they are striving for is perfection. Who does that sound like? :crazy:

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
In some way it has to be written that he steers the legion to being more mechanical.
Which if I recall correctly, is exactly what Ferrus didn't want.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
While we don't know what the bulk of the legion is doing, we do get a clue in Angel Exterminatus. Survivors of the Dropsite Massacre (mainly Iron Hands it seems) are striking out at the traitors across the sectors under traitor rule. Hit and runs, and all that.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The audio drama Veritas Ferrum gives some clues to this. Further elements of the Iron Hands fleet arrived late to the Isstvan V party and were ambushed as they arrived. Although only the veteran companies made planet fall, a significantly larger part of the legion died in the massacre.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts