Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone! I'm new in the forum. First of all sorry for my English. It's not my first language.

I'm a Dark Angel's player since 1999 and now with the new Space marine codex and Space wolves and Blood Angels, I think Dark Angels are overpriced and with less variety and not unique stuff. We have few heroes and really weak in comparison of other codex, non unique units and overpriced and underpowered units. I know a lot of people that wants a update, a good one or a new codex and actually is difficult to make and army list that can beat other new army or with unique stuff. Also in the new codex it have a lot of new heroes (7 or 8) and DA only 4. The new marines have a lot new equipment and vehicles. And the codex and the history is really more worked in the new codex. Now for examples the space wolves are better in all to me. Better shotting betters short range... Even my termis look weak against the most of the SW troops. Is really difficult to see a DA with more HA than 4 but the rest have a lot of guys with HA 5, 6 even 7. The new equipment is more cheap or more powerful. And i can continue if I go unit by unit...

Its only me that thinks is like this??

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
The problem may be that dark angels are simply another sm army, and one that generates the least amount of revinue. Gw could probably create a new dex for them but they could also put out a few other codices that might sell better.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
All Dark Angels really need is a quick update. Take the current codex, turn it into a PDF and add in Sternguard (only better because they're Dark Angels Sternguard) along with Thunderfire Cannons as well as some new units and you'd be set.

They do need a new codex though eventually, if only to make such their fluff matches their units.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And also now they did really different the SW and the BA from the normal space marines and I really like it, I also want that my Dark Angels are different and unique. Why the Dread Mortis can use it everyone except me?? In theory is my dread. xD

BA were also almost vanilla in 4th... They can do the same with DA and make it unique again.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
The Dark Angels codex was a prototype for the new vanilla dex in some respects, namely combat squads. I was so excited when back when I thought that was a unique ability specific to the Dark Angels...and look how that turned out. The only thing the Dark Angels dex lets you do that another dex couldn't do better is the Deathwing/Ravenwing setup. Other than that, your better off using the vanilla dex with Cato Sicarius, who gives armywide Ld10...I think he was a gift to DA players from GW, honestly.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really hope we get and update soon or a new codex and is cool like the new ones. I know a lot of Dark angels players that are really disappointed... And we are Dark Angels and we want to play like Dark angels no with vanillas...

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I don't see them getting a new dex before 6th Ed, tbh.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Jervis Johnson happened.

Dark Angel players have been crying ever since. Can't say I blame them.
I would really want to tell you to push that up your ass... Jervis Johnson makes the hobby far more interesting, so really... Just go and... Well.. :hang1:

Lol...

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
In theory now should be Dark Eldar, Necrons and Grey Knights. After that could be Dark Angels...
Grey Knights first, Dark Angels second, I dont care about the rest... :p Damned Xenos... :ireful2:

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Yeah, chances are grey knights arn't first.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
who cares they are Dark Angels the fence sitters of the Space Marine Legions...

ehm sorry the wulfen took hold for a second xD

I played them for a while and I must say you're right they don't have anything unique to them really...but chances of them getting an update hell SW will probably get another one before them but that is the wulfen talking again

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Jervis Johnson happened.

Dark Angel players have been crying ever since. Can't say I blame them.
pretty much this.

Jervis johnson is more hated than any of the plagues called upon on egypt, more despised than any politician and the one man the stig hates more than Rubens Barachello.

if there is any one thing more harmful to GW than prices, it is this poor example for a man.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Who the hell is Jervis Johnson!? And are there any more individuals as loathed as that wretch?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also think that DA wont have a codex before 2012 but at least they could make a good FAQ-update that makes this more fair. I always play against BA, SM, SW, Imperial Guard and i can really see the differences. xD

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Who the hell is Jervis Johnson!? And are there any more individuals as loathed as that wretch?
he "wrote" the DA codex, and I use wrote losely, as it was actually just a turd he pulled out of the toilet and slapped DA players round the face with it.

he also writes the extremely wasteful and pointless standard bearer articles, or the "SPESS MAHREENS ROCK!!!" articles in white "none absorbent" dwarf.

its also regarded that JJ's child created the piece of shit known as the land raider terminus, as only a child could create something so stupid, however this is not confirmed....but highly likely.

he doesn't know much about what happens in GW either, heck hes the one person who confirmed the leman russ and chimera kits had no plans to be changed ever.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.