Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Back in the days of 3rd edition I would reckon, but didn't actually buy the rule book until the rather short lasted 4th edition came out.
I went round to a friends house who happened to have a bunch of strange creatures known as Orks. We played a few games of orks vs orks with absolutely no idea how the rules worked. We just made stuff up on the spot, models on the high ground could shoot further, the closer you were the more likely you were to hit, etc.
The friend in question quickly quit the game after I bought the rule book. He no longer felt the game was 'fun' any more...more likely he wasn't having any fun as he could no longer create rules to benefit himself and leave me high and dry trying to stick to some structure.

However, the memory that stuck with me is how I stabbed my hand on an Ork helmet and the point got lodged in my hand. From that day on I have had a burning desire to crush any Ork army I happen to meet with glee.

·
Registered
399 Posts
However, the memory that stuck with me is how I stabbed my hand on an Ork helmet and the point got lodged in my hand. From that day on I have had a burning desire to crush any Ork army I happen to meet with glee.

Looks like you want to go with the Iron Hands

·
Registered
298 Posts
"THE FLESH IS WEAK!!!"

"Yea, but can yoose go in the water hummie?"

*The Ork splashes the marine, who backs away quickly from the waters edge*

"Grrr...curse you foul greenskin! Get back here so I can exact my vengeance!"

41 - 43 of 43 Posts