Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here it is;

HQ 1:Eldrad Ulthran 210pts with 5 warlocks with embolden enhance and conceal with 2 destructors and 3 with singing spears 189

HQ 2:Avatar 155pts

Elite 1:7 Fire Dragons(For tanks): Exarch with firepike and tank hunters and crack shot 152 pts

Elite 2:Harlequin Troupe:Troupe Master(power weapon),Death Jester,Shadow seer,5 harliquens 3 with harlequins kissess and 1 with fusion pistol 226 pts

Troop 1:12 Gaurdians with warlock with conceal and a singing spear and a starcannon 156

Troop 2: 6 pathfinders 144

Troop 3: 6 pathfinders 144

Heavy Support 1:Wraithlord with missile launcher and flamers and a wraith sword. 125 pts

Total1501 pts

Plz make changes to make it better against space marines if possible thanks,

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
So here it is;

HQ 1:Eldrad Ulthran 210pts

Fine, he's our best HQ.

with 5 warlocks with embolden enhance and conceal with 2 destructors and 3 with singing spears 189

These guys seem very confused - You don't need Conceal, because they have a 4+ Invulnerable anyway. You probably don't need Embolden with Eldrad taking his Psychic tests on 3D6 and Ld 10 anyway. I'd stick with 2 Enhance and 3 Destructors. They could also do with being in a transport.

HQ 2:Avatar 155pts

Support him with the Wraithlord and Eldrad with Locks and he should do alright.

Elite 1:7 Fire Dragons(For tanks): Exarch with firepike and tank hunters and crack shot 152 pts

You can lose the Exarch and all his gear. 7 Melta Guns will catagorically rape anything short of a super-heavy even without all the shiny toys. These MUST be in a transport, this is non-negotiable. No sane player will let them get close to his tanks if they're on foot.

Elite 2:Harlequin Troupe:Troupe Master(power weapon),Death Jester,Shadow seer,5 harliquens 3 with harlequins kissess and 1 with fusion pistol 226 pts

These guys are going to be running every turn, so the Death jester is rather pointless. You can also drop the Fusion pistol for the same reason. And they all want Harlequins kisses - I have posted a thread in the "Tactics" section of these forums that will explain why called "Heresy's Second Mass abuse" or similar.

Troop 1:12 Gaurdians [sic] with warlock with conceal and a singing spear and a starcannon 156

Starcannons are pretty poor in this edition, unfortunately. If you must take Guardians (and I recommend against it) then give them a Scatter laser.

Troop 2: 6 pathfinders 144

Troop 3: 6 pathfinders 144

The upgrade to Pathfinders is possibly not worth it. 2 Squads of 10 would probably be better (and I'd hate to be your opponent!). Target the unit that Eldrad has Doomed for maximum effect.

Heavy Support 1:Wraithlord with missile launcher and flamers and a wraith sword. 125 pts

If you have the points, I'd turn that EML into a Bright lance, or a Scatter Laser if you need to save some. I just don't really like EMLs! :laugh:
Hope that was helpful to you, good luck in your games! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot!! Oh and yeah i usually do put the fire dragon in a wave serpent but that wouldn't fit on the 1500 pt list.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Well the short answer to that is "Cut things from the list until you do have points"! With a 12" range, T3 and only a 4+ save, there is no way they're going to do their job without the protection and speed offered by a Falcon/Serpent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts