Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you love to hate painting?

Personally, it takes a bit of effort for me to sit down and paint the trim around Chaos Space Marine armour. It just seems to take forever. I sit there thinking, "Why don't I paint more good guy Marines without the silly trim." But when the squad is done I sit back give myself a smile and pat on the back and think it was worth all the effort.

So, whats your painting based labour of love?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Skeletons.

Rank upon rank of skellies. . . .

gurrgh. . . .

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Aside from tanks which I despise painting I would have to say Orks, there's something about they way they're put together that just makes them a pain in the arse to paint, I don't know what it is I just dread Orks popping up on commission jobs.

·
Registered
992 Posts
My Harlequins...I like to paint each model as an individual piece to give that truly motley feel to the army. Takes far longer than my marines, but they look so good.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Base coating models in the same colour - so I started Tomb Kings, Necrons adn Iron Warrios... :headbutt:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
High Elves, can't unify the look with a wash which makes it really tough and against my style of painting

Tough but I like them a lot. Strange as I usually paint the bad guys

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sanguinary Guard. Each color takes 3-4 paints, and doing that plus drying time makes them take FOREVER. But they look damn good.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
All of my BA vehicles can seek a damn cliff. The reds look awesome after I get there....but damn. No paint brush is large enough, nor spray can fast enough. My one painted Stormraven has I think 7 coats of reds on it. It sure looks nice, but that was a lot of damn paint. Next one is gunna be Death Company I think....

·
Banned
7,889 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I too hate painting Chaos armor trim. And also wonder why I don't just regular marines. But they just look so badass and good.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I hate doing my traitor guardsmen, There are so bloody many(approximately 350 at last count) i hate them. But, when you can put down 350 painted and based infantry ready to go, it does make the effort worth while.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Resin Bases. Always start off not knowing what I want to do with it, how I should approach it and it's almost a complete "let 's just see how this goes!" but end up being really impressed with the result.

Rocks, flock and grass were so much easier... :-/

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
I will join the ranks of "Chaos Space Marine armor rims? FUUUUUUU!".

Additionally I think that tanks and big machines in general are more boring to paint, than small models. I had to paint 2 Rhinos and a defiler in a row, after which i felt like having my face meet a blender.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Either re painting my 8000 point ork army (not top bad because it wasn't full horde) or specifically re-painting the new ork deff dreads. So many bits, so little space....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts