Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this is my first post of my mini's here and I need some advice on a chapter name for this guy and suggestions for freehand. Comments and criticism are also welcome. :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
very nice, the base is very cool. I like the blue and will wnat ot see what you do with the rest.

One tip though, is the head done? If so i suggest getting a slightly thinned down fortress grey and painting some stubble onto his head. If you take a small drybrush, or one with slighlty stiff bristles, and then will a small ammout of paint gently dapple, stubble, what ever the top of his head and build up a couple of light layers where his hair would it'll be perfect.

Would show you a pic of what i mean but cameras not playing ball.

Its a little thing i often do to bare heads and it actually does make a massive difference.

try it in a test model 1st i'd say to see what you think and get it right.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'll throw in a couple names...

Knights of Twilight
Aurora Angels

(I get kind of a cosmic/twilight feel from the lighter blue color scheme)

And great base

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think i'm going to stick with knights of twilight. The teal is just too harsh on the eyes so he's going to be red now.
@Skcuzzlebumm: I tried to do stubble on his head but it didn't turn out quite right. I might try later.

·
Registered
34 Posts
that's the first model ive ever seen ice blue woak well on most of the time it seems too bright but it looks astonding on that emporer's champion
well done i comend you and dont change that colour scheme its fine the way it is

·
Registered
999 Posts
Looks good so far. What other color are you going to use to offset the turquiose?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Great face details, great scheme great base!

Excellent!

How bout:

Azure Hounds? (with blue scheme paint a wolfs or snarling dogs head)

Enforcers?

Sorry, im crud run out of names. Im usually fairly good, but with this scheme its hard.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sorry, but I changed his scheme already to better fit the industrial theme. I used NMM to paint the base and some dark browns and reds for the rust. I'm a little burned out on painting right now so don't expect another post with pics until he's done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts