Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm not sure if I hate painting, or if I find it therapeutic. Perhaps the hatred is therapeutic?
Anyway, I try to take my mind off it by having a tv show running in the background. Mostly shows which don't require much attention, and I've watched before.

If I put on music, it has to be stuff where I either don't know the lyrics, or it's purely instrumental. Or else I kinda have to sing along, and that messes up my painting quite a bit :grin:

Just got back into painting again after about an 18 months break!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Been having exams so haven't got done in the past couple of months (not that I got much done before that either) but building, I will generally take my hobby tray thing to the living room and build while I watch a film or tv with the family, the grooves underneath let it sit on your lap quite comfortably.

For painting I will set up the table in my room and will generally have the radio on in the background. I also use it as good time to catch up on TV series, most of my Game of Thrones veiwing is done while painting as I don't like to just sit and watch stuff as I feel like I'm not being productive.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Podcasts and audiobooks. Fill up all that free brain bandwidth with noise you're busy listening to while your eyes and fingers are on autopilot working on the minis. Music works in a pinch, certainly, though doesn't often engage and distract the brain to the degree that, say, Welcome to Night Vale does. I'm more likely to listen to music if I'm writing fiction or something: more background noise than foreground attention-demanding stuff.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
I have one of those handy hobby vices to hold my model still so I can drybrush with one hand and leave the other one free to flog it as hard and as fast as I can. There have been several injuries but I'm no quitter.

Sometimes I yodel as well, just because I can, even if the neighbors say I can't. :so_happy:

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I have one of those handy hobby vices to hold my model still so I can drybrush with one hand and leave the other one free to flog it as hard and as fast as I can. There have been several injuries but I'm no quitter.

Sometimes I yodel as well, just because I can, even if the neighbors say I can't. :so_happy:
I believe you :laugh:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lectures on youtube, mainly. That way I'm more educated than I was than when I started. My last run was the Stanford seminars.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
As of late Comic Book and 40k themed podcasts. Only been doing that for the past few weeks though.

Before that I used to watch cartoons that I grew up with. Painting while watching Samurai Jack? Hell yeah!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts