Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do ya' thunk is going to be a series of threads posted up involving various random aspects of 40K. It might be fluff, it might be models, it might... You get the idea.

What race do ya' thunk will 'win' 40,000?

Just a bit of a get-goer. I want to know, not only who you think would win at 40,000 but WHY will they win? I want to know who you think is the logical choice for who will wipe out all other races in the galaxy and take over the vast Milky Way as their own?

Will the Imperium of Man throw free the shackles of xenos and heretical oppression and rise up greater than ever?

Will the Tyranids bulldoze their way through the Milky Way like Pac-Man though the next pill?

Will the thin veil between this universe and the warp tear open for daemonic horrors to spill forth and destroy their foes?

Tell me.. What do ya' thunk?

·
Registered
959 Posts
The Orks have already won. Their 'win state' is a never ending war. Yet, "In the grimdark future of the 41st millenium, there is only war."

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Have to agree with Romero here, the nids will eventually eat everything.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Chaos has already won.

The 41st Millennium setting is just a very drawn out end-game by the Imperium. The time of Man is passed the PNR and Everywhere you turn, bang; it's a chaos cult, or the traitor legions, or fallen chapters etc etc etc. For every 1000 marines that walk off the production line, another 2000 die or turn to chaos. With the big E on his way down the can it's a waiting game that the immortal gods are more than willing to see out. On his death, Terra won't even have time to weep as all them daemons come bursting out through his little webway project. And when the astronomicon goes out, Chaos have the advantage of more accurate warp-travel.

I can see the Nid's doing alright for a while but they will run out of resources, Dark Eldar will hide in the webway for a while but eventually turn on themselves as slaves run out to ward off Slaanesh. The Eldar will probably just pack up and leave the galaxy for greener pastures (why the don't do this already is beyond me?) and you'll probably see the Necron's poke their heads out for a while before the Engrams fail and you get nothing but empty husk worlds.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
The Orks have already won. Their 'win state' is a never ending war. Yet, "In the grimdark future of the 41st millenium, there is only war."
Don't think they are quite there yet but i think the eturnal waaagh is coming. But nids are doing a pacman on the galaxy

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Ok well lets look at the line up.

Imperium
All the Space Marines, Grey Knights, Sisters Imp Guard etc.
Vastly out numbered and fighting a losing battle on all fronts. No one can dispute Humans are doomed.

Chaos
Ironically as humanity declines so too do the powers of Chaos. As they are products of our own emotions as we dwindle so do they.

Necrons
So caught up in their own bitterness at their creators they'll just return to "The Long Sulk" once the other races have disappeared.

Eldar
Already on the way out, they are doomeder than we are.

Dark Eldar
They'll just all end up in Camorragh and shag/torture themselves to death.

Orks
They will never stop fighting each other enough to be transcendent.

Tau,
The expand too slow to stop the rising tide of:

TYRANIDS
The only intergalactic race.
They'll eat everything in this galaxy then move on to the next.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm going with the good ole prophecy saying nobody really wins. Chaos pours into the material universe kling everything, however its more of a draw as they all cease to exist themselves. With all the eldar dead a new god comes into the fore and kills slaanesh. I suppose the other 3 gods exist for a time then pass on.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I'm holding out for the Imperium. Why? I can see the last few days becoming a combined battle involving the forces of the Imperium allied with the Tau and possibly (for some strange reason) the Eldar and those 3 groups surviving.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The Dark Eldar could survive, providing they take enough resources into the Webway. This would mean stepping up the raids. But they can seal Commoragh and wait for the Tyranids to move beyond the galaxy. Then they have their slaves re-colonize planets and return to semi-normalcy.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Clearly it'll be Squats,
bearing in mind no one believes they exist anymore they are pretty hard to beat

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Imo it's gonna come down to a monster battle between the Necrons and Nids. They both have desire to kill or consume all biological life forms in the galaxy. There's no knowing how many tomb worlds still no woken up yet, so we don't know just how big their forces truly are, but at the same time, when there's no flesh left to consume, the nids will fuck off to the next galaxy to try and sate their hunger, leaving the necrons completely uncontested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts