Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do want to happen in your army's codex. do want a new unit added or do you want an update of a model

I would like to have plastic eldar aspect warriors in the book.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
When the new nilla Marines dex comes out I want:

- It to be Codex Space Marines. Not a fucking Ultramarines wank fest
- To be able to take Termies as troops as an unlock
- Traits

IG:

- Some sort of traits system would be nice.
- MOAR Tanks!
- Rough Riders to be a viable option, maybe even as a troops choice (I want a mother fucking 40k Cavalry Army and Charge of the Light Brigade people!)
- Xeno Cavalry to be available
- Plastic Hydra, ST's, Great Coat Guard

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Hmm thinking mainly to have more special character insted of the 6 or so their seems to be boost it up to 10-12 but keep the special unit characters about where they are think that 2-3 is about right for a bit of uniqueness, but more HQ maybe a limmiting factor so you can't get to many hugely powerfull ones but thats what points are about.

Ork-more squigs and more crazy random stuff do care what but some more.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
When they re-do nids I want them to be really swarmy.

Give troops a without number upgrade. Make Hormagaunts and Termagaunts awful but dirt cheap. I'm thinking a termagaunt becoming bs2, make the fleshborer lasgun-esque but make them 3 pts each, Horms make 4 pts with 2 attacks but I3 and infantry rather than beasts. Sure allow them the option to take upgrades to make them better but they should start cheap.

Give me a reason to take multiwound infantry like nid warriors, with no EW these guys suck. Give them EW or halve(!) their price

Give Carnis a clear purpose rather than auto trygon

I'd like a chaos legion expansion not because I think the book needs it but because I think it would be cool

I'd like GW to stop rereleasing armies constantly and actually do minis of some of the missing units like the Harpy, Ku'aggath, Skarbrand, Void Raven etc

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Seeing the ilyanden codex 'supplement' coming out for eldar opens a slew of opportunities for gw. Things such as codex chaos legions and the like. Whether or not gw expands on it though, is another thing entirely. (Prediction: Templar become a codex space marine 'supplement')

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I'm thinking I'll be waiting awhile but a new "Inquisition" Codex that integrated all three Ordo's would be awesome.

With the swing towards some pretty groovy kit in the latest 6th Ed Codices I'm looking forward pretty eagerly to see what stuff the Ordo's get. Freaky anti-Daemon Psyker stuff for GK's, Flamy faithy relicy things for the Sisters and high tech, borderline tau stuff for the Deathwatch.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I want for my codices what I want for all codices:

Good balance and multiple possible builds. I'd hate for any of my books to be turned into something boring and blargh like the CSM book. Also, no fucking tables. If they dare turn any of my codices into the abomination that is Codex: Chaos Daemons, someone will pay.

I'm so glad I strictly play non-chaotic forces...

·
Registered
393 Posts
When the new nilla Marines dex comes out I want:

- It to be Codex Space Marines. Not a fucking Ultramarines wank fest
- To be able to take Termies as troops as an unlock
- Traits

IG:

- Some sort of traits system would be nice.
- MOAR Tanks!
- Rough Riders to be a viable option, maybe even as a troops choice (I want a mother fucking 40k Cavalry Army and Charge of the Light Brigade people!)
- Xeno Cavalry to be available
- Plastic Hydra, ST's, Great Coat Guard
I second this & would like to see Human bombs added back into IG as nothing makes you giggle like a penal troopers head exploding & scaring the beejesus out of your opponents troops :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
In the BA dex:

Tactical squads being able to take a special/heavy weapon without taking 10 marines.

Tycho GONE and replaced with a new character. The guy is dead. Let's all just let it go...

Aside from that I'm stoked for new warlord traits, psychic powers, and points costs.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I just want a new Templar book. I want to hit the rumors page one day and see that glorious Raymond Swanland art of Mr Templar looking badass in hardback. That is all.

·
Registered
468 Posts
For Orks I'd like to see the dex change a bit to allow for more walkers. Maybe make killa kanz fast attack or elite so I can have kanz and deff dreads.

I would like to see some different elites for IG. Idc what they are, I just want to see some better ones.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
1) actually having a $50 book that is worth $50.

2) ease of use for the army list creation

3) no requirement for FAQ/whatever - IMO the DA fiasco is amazing, I would rather tell the customer base that "we screwed up, we will release the codex next month, but here are some cool looking models."

4) lots of Fluff

5) lots of pictures/artwork new stuff required

·
Registered
682 Posts
What I want from a Codex:

>Price drop or content increase.

>Evidence things were playtested properly to avoid less "useless" units.

>Sensible structure: Army Fluff, Starter Armies and Painting and Modelling, Unit Fluff, Wargear and Special Rules, Unit Stat lines and Rules.

It drives me insane that Wargear is divided by army pictures in my CSM codex.

>More emphasis on the army design and themes rather than "spam x or y". I'd like to see developers and codex writers chipping in with little text boxes giving their own views and opinions on units ("I felt that the army as whole should be mass firepower through XYZ at low points, but at higher games incorporate CC elements ABC.") I think GW needs to start encouraging "play this way because XYZ" rather than leaving people to inevitably net list stuff.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
In the BA dex:

Tactical squads being able to take a special/heavy weapon without taking 10 marines.

Tycho GONE and replaced with a new character. The guy is dead. Let's all just let it go...

Aside from that I'm stoked for new warlord traits, psychic powers, and points costs.

I agree with most of this. Make Tactical Squads similar to those in the DA dex. And a general point reduction is certainly needed. I want to see more assault cannon units and Melta options too. If DA get special Plasma, BA should have special versions of their favoured weapons.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Codex Tyranids needs such a vast overhaul

Gaunts: I like the idea someone on the first page mentioned about weakening gaunts and having them 3pts per model. It would be very expensive to build a horde with a 36 point box of termagants though. Maybe 5pts for the first ten gaunts, 4 points for the following ten, then 3pts per model for any unit over 20 gaunts. That should encourage big 30 strong units of gaunts to use as the fluff suggests

Warriors/shrikes/raveners: 4+ save for raveners and shrikes, and then either immunity to instant death or T5 and W2. I don't think the ID thing is as big an issue as other do, but as things stand they aren't competitive units

Carnifexes: 100-120 points.

Mawloc: If reburrowing during a game they should be able to reappear on the same turn within 12 or perhaps 18 inches. Alternatively make them a touch better in combat. Give them immunity to mishaps caused by burrowing into impassable terrain

I'm not sure what to do with regular genestealers, but they certainly require fixing

It's such a shame that classic tyranid units like genestealers, warriors, carnifexes, hormagaunts and lictors are never fielded in competitive lists. Same with the footrant I suppose. In fact if you look at the units that made up the nid list in 2nd edition, most of them aren't worth taking in a competitive list

Hive Tyrant (on foot)
Lictors
Warriors
Genestealers

Zoanthropes
Termagants
Hormagaunts
Gargoyles
Rippers
Carnifex

Biovores

Only termagants, gargoyles, zoanthropes and biovores are truly viable. Shame.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I want to see more assault cannon units and Melta options too. If DA get special Plasma, BA should have special versions of their favoured weapons.
Imagine being able to take an assault cannon in a tactical squad, hahahaha.

We do have Infernus Pistols and Hand Flamers, as well as Multi Meltas for Tactical squads and cheaper Meltas already I'm pretty sure.

I think though, what I'm most excited for in a new BA dex?

Viable Captains.

After looking over the wicked Chapter Relic section or whatever it's called and seeing the special wargear offered to HQ choices I'm excited to be able to take a Captain that has some real potential for his points cost.

·
Registered
959 Posts
For Necrons:

- Warlord Traits.

- Re-pricing of Lychguard considering 6th ed. Power Weapon changes.

- Point Reduction for Praetorians.

- A Flayed Lord that makes Flayed Ones troops.

- Deep Strike immunity for the Monolith, akin to drop pods.

- Point Reduction for Phase Shifters.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts