Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what do you think the necrontyr look liked i personally think they were horridly inhuman with bare skin hanging loosely over a small ribcage a stretched out spine chicken legs and about 6 arms on each side with a long head with shark eyes

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
And yet their metal bodies, which are essentially their skeletons as they no longer needed their flesh, show them as humanoid. Willing to be that they looked pretty human prior to the whole enslavement thing, maybe more sickly or some of them generally more hunched over.

So what do I think they looked like? Like humans, or fairly similar to humans. Maybe a fair portion were more hunched forward or paler, maybe their features were sharper and more gaunt.

Also: please use punctuation in your posts in the future aboytervigon. If not for yourself, than out of courtesy for others so that if any take the time to respond they at least know that something that looks decent will come back from you.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True but necrons are fear weapons. They were designed to strike fear into the old ones humanoid races. They never had to be humanoid to take on the appearance of death.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Um...I would be more afraid of what you suggested abo, than the necron, well they were described as humanoid and looking sickly because of radiaton from the sun.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
True but necrons are fear weapons.
Are they? I did not know that... I thought that they were Arnold Swarznegger (?) wanabes... I think that the Necrontyr look like... Erh... Well... Like this: :picknose: Like totally... Or maybe not...

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the Necrons and Necrontyr share some superficial similarities in appearance. They would not make bodies that were 'alien' to themselves, as they were at war with the Old Ones and their creations.

·
Making Vidya Games
2,027 Posts
I always think of Kermit the Frog when people are talking about the old ones...

Anyhow, I'm guessing humanoid, for it seems like a humanoid looking life is a very common design in the galaxy of 40k.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If i am not wrong than all of species created by Old Ones have skeletons and it explain why Necrons look like that - to scary Old Ones's warrior races. Necrontyrs could look very different to Necrons. They even could be completly non humanoid.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The Necrons are merely the mechanical and immortal versions of the Necrontyr.
The Necrontyr were humoid in appearance. They were a separate race from the Star Gods, but then shit hit the fan and the Star Gods played Go-Go-Gadget on them.
Phenomenal. I'm pretty sure as others said, they look pretty much the same....minus the whole flesh thing.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Phenomenal. I'm pretty sure as others said, they look pretty much the same....minus the whole flesh thing.
I imagine myself hat they look quite similar to what they do right now... Just some minor changes, but they are humanoid...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, Xenology confirmed the common humanoid shape is a result of Old One meddling with young races, and I think the the old 'dex says that Necrontyr were seeded by them (boy, were their faces red), so to be honest they were probably humanoid.

The Necron chasses were designed to look like their original forms (albeit dead) and also to strike fear into the hearts of all those humanoid Old Ones races.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I've always imagined them looking somehwat similar to the Eldar, in all honesty. Human-like, but yet completely alien..

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
A popular theory is that the Tau are un-Necroned Necrontyr. I forget where I first say this, but they talk about it on TV Tropes (Link).

Long story short, the Tau were Necrontyr that survived because they were so isolated in their little pocket of space that the Necrons either forgot about them or couldn't find them.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
A popular theory is that the Tau are un-Necroned Necrontyr. I forget where I first say this, but they talk about it on TV Tropes (Link).

Long story short, the Tau were Necrontyr that survived because they were so isolated in their little pocket of space that the Necrons either forgot about them or couldn't find them.
Doesn't the fluff for the Tau directly contradict this though? Since they were a relatively new and primative race in M35 when they were first discovered and all that. The necrons, and by extension necrontyr, are millions if not tens of millions of years old. The time gap between the tau races does little to support that theory, unless I missed something along the way.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Yes, it is not possible the Tau the be Necrontyr. 60,000,000 years would have evolved them into something very different. If you think that all human progress in 40k has come about since the first humans appeared 140,000 years ago. 140k vs 60,000k+++.

The Tau are neither advanced nor evolved enough to be Necrontyr.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.