Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering as a combo i would definitely fear is a 30 man boy squad with mad dok grotsnik 30 feel no pained orks nasty. Which is what im gonna try and run. so what combos do you fear?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Lash plus Lash.

Double lash (two units that can each use Lash) is one of the most broken abilities/strategies in the game, considering that many armies literally have no way of defending against it. Not only is Lash vs template weapons harsh, but it can destroy entire strategies with almost guaranteed certainty. I flat out will not play against a double lash list anymore. I may or may not be able to beat it, but I definitely won't have any fun playing against it.

Another very difficult combo to beat is 6-7 storm shield terminators + 2 powerful characters in a land raider crusader. It's often very difficult to break open the land raider, and by then you have a nearly invincible unit leaping down your throat.

Finally, the other really dangerous combo is Trygon + Tervigon. It's sort of like a sandwich. You have the Trygon rushing toward you, as the Tervigon slowly approaches behind it, while spawning gaunts between them. The Trygon hits first, and it'll take nearly everything you have to beat it, and before you can catch your breath, gaunts with poisoned attacks, that feel no pain, will be upon you. Even if you defeat them, you'll have a S/T/W 6 monstrous creature lumbering behind them.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Two gay people getting married.

Also I might be republican.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Homophobic much? :laugh:
It's just so op. And makes no sense to be as low a point cost as it is.

Plus! It goes against established fluff!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
back on topic please

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you dont seem to like vulkan.

·
Registered
800 Posts
ML Long fangs x 2.

Terminators with MoN.

·
Registered
594 Posts
DEldar spamming Dark Lances, hiding behind terrain making sure i can never, ever shoot at their vehicles.

Last time i let that guy set up the terrain.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not that vulkan

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Just wondering as a combo i would definitely fear is a 30 man boy squad with mad dok grotsnik 30 feel no pained orks nasty. Which is what im gonna try and run. so what combos do you fear?
Might as well give them 'eavy armour for a 4+/4+ and put em in a battlewagon to control rage.

I dislike 30 gants /w poison, FNP, and furious charge. I also don't like dealing with meganobz /w mad doc. 2+/4+/(5-) /w 2 wounds each. nasty nasty terminators.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I hate the combination of short temper and muscles. Its not that I wouldn't be laughing my ass off at the other's obvious inferiority and that Darwin is on his way with his Scythe of John Calvin, but my hardware is a sensitive thing and its easily broken, and with the doctors we have in this country you DON'T want to get seriously hurt or you'll see yourself as the unfortunate sideman in a Frankeinstein-esque "B" category move who gets cut open like a pig at the slaughterhouse under the pretense of surgery.

Regarding 40K combos I fear every über-competitive list, like 3xLong Fangs w/4xMLs, Hurrminators in DurrRaiders, Mech IG, and stuff like that, because I might end up overdoing one of my yawns and my jaw would brake off. Though this will last only as long as I get my hands on the incoming Dark Eldar, who, hopefully, will be able to blow all these fuckers away; not the way Hurrminators do it, but with the extensive use of your brain, the most mysterious organ in existence.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I just find that he is so abused. Like many other codexes. Lets be serious who played slaaneshi marines under the old chaos codex-none since everyone used iron frickin warriors!

Similarly hardly anyone collected salamanders until 5th ed codex jarheads came out.

I personally hate hoard armies. My stupid craftworld background dictates that the armies are very small in numbers.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just to tell 30 feel no pained orks is 340 points 30 plague marines is 690 points :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts