Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have found this image of a platoon of Cadian Shock Troopers (*Note: I do not own this picture, all credit goes to "Shadow Guard"*) Could someone please tell me what colors I would need to paint my own Cadian Shock Troopers this color scheme? I absolutely love it and would love to make an army based off of this paint scheme.

The link to this image is:http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-viewimage.jsp?i=82854&m=2&w=800

Thank you so, so much!

Hawkfury

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
it looks like
khoren red or mephiston red with a heavy wash for the armour
rakarth flesh or baneblade brown with an argrax earth shade wash..
the skin looks like either bugmans glow or cadian flesh tone with a wash..

thats what i see hope it helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello fatmantis, thank you for your reply; it was very helpful.

I already have a few Cadian shock troopers painted with Mephiston Red. This red was a tad too light, so I think the red that was used was something akin to Khorne Red (I need to purchase some). Further, I am pretty sure that the a base color that was used for the cloth was Rakarth Flesh, as some of my Cadian's base cloth color was Rakarth Flesh and this color seems to match the picture's color. However, I am unsure of the layering colors and wash colors for the cloth. DO you know with some certainty that in the picture, Bane Blade Brown and Agrax Earthshade was used; I could potentially see something like Reikland Fleshade and Screaming SKull being used? I am no expert; all feedback is welcome.

·
Registered
585 Posts
You could try Doombull Brown for the armour, as it is a very dark red.

Maybe try Karak Stone for the cloth, add a touch of Screaming Skull to it for the highlight.

Reikland Fleshshade will shade both these colours well.

Just my thoughts, hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts