1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
The Brass Scorpion :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
erm lets see, blood slaughterers, blight drones, erm, other daemon engines, cult terminators, possible dreadnought variants eg siege dreads, some sort of ally system to allow the lost and the damned and traitor guard, legion rules, legion hq and characters eg like erebus, honsou.
this is what i think would help improve the codex

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Also got to go with flavor, hell we are one of the most bland armies out their with even SM doing stuff other armies can't with their special characters. Hell after Necrons/DH come out we will be amongst the blandest codex's out there. Still as is we have a effective army, just without much uniqueness.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Flavor.

Right now the codex is too simplistic and "black legion" (which is the equivalent of Ultramarines for chaos). Too broad an approach was taken and the feel for faction or legion specifics were thrown out the window.
:goodpost: He's right the next chaos codex I want there to be more flavor then a starburst.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Cultists and Basilks!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Flavor.

Right now the codex is too simplistic and "black legion" (which is the equivalent of Ultramarines for chaos). Too broad an approach was taken and the feel for faction or legion specifics were thrown out the window.
:goodpost:
Yep.
Also, I'd like stuff like the Collar of Khorne and Axe of Khorne back, please.
You can keep your Bloodfeeder and other Daemon Weapons, as options, but I'd like to see something aside from just the kick in the nadz this most recent 'dex is.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Simple and most likely,

HQ choices that bring in Legion rules, like the ICs in the Nilla dex.
That be a good idea (so maybe like a Iron Warriors Heroe that gives the army Tank hunters) or A Night Lords Guy that grants Infiltrate

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well, I agree with majority with ya'll (talking bout cultist, legion specialties, etc.) along with my opinion of just merging the CSM 'dex and the Daemon 'dex together. I would be happy with that.

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Simple and most likely,

HQ choices that bring in Legion rules, like the ICs in the Nilla dex.
That be a good idea (so maybe like a Iron Warriors Heroe that gives the army Tank hunters) or A Night Lords Guy that grants Infiltrate
Yeah thats the sort of thing.

Ideally the four powers ought to get their own Dexs imo ( Shit if a mere thousand BAs get a book why not a whole bloody Legion of Thousand Sons etc)

Assuming that the Four powers won't get their own Dexs, then a Nilla (Probably Black Legion) CSM Dex with Characters to bring in Legion Rules, Hell it's a chance for GW to do some nice Legion Based Character minis too.

Iron Warriors Iron Priest= +1 HSupport.
Word Bearers Dark Apostle= Daemon Allies. ( GW Sell two books)
Alpha Legion = IG Troops as Allies ( GW sell you two Books)
and so on.

GW win on sales, we get flavour, minimum new rule writing. sorted.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Flavor.

We're less bland than Tyranids...

They have 3 main fleets, no specific units for each (unless you go right into the fluff)

Chaos atleast have specified stuff like Khorne Berserkers (Obviously specific to World Eaters) and Khârn the betrayer (Again, clearly a themed unit)
Tyranids just have units; only 2 special characters, who aren't fleet specific.

If anyone needs flavour, it's tyranids - But I only just bought their codex like a couple of months ago, in no hurry for a new one. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
the only real change id like to see thats not mentioned is removing "icons" for "marks"...

wait my MoN icon dude died....now im all normal but with wasted points - WTF!?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Since we're definately not getting stuff we're wishing for (when did that ever happen?), I wish:

- Cultists. With models. Or release plastic Wracks and I'll be happy.
- New, cool and useful Daemon Engines, which means they aren't crap like the Defiler (which could use some fixing) and don't look godawful like the Storm Duck.
- Plastic Obliterators, 3 in each box.
- Marks instead of stupid Icons.
- Plastic Cult Troops, similarly to the Berzerkers (the current half-metal half-plastic boxes reek of HURPADURP).
- A fluff fix so that CSM will be more like the worst nightmare of the Imperium like in Storm of Iron and the Word Bearer series. Or to be more precise, more like Eliphas and less like Crull, Carron and Bale.
- Less Failabaddon, more win like Honsou and Marduk.
- Fixed special characters and upgrades (Daemonic Mounts anyone?) that aren't there so you can't say they're not in the Codex.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
the only real change id like to see thats not mentioned is removing "icons" for "marks"...

wait my MoN icon dude died....now im all normal but with wasted points - WTF!?

Just make sure the guy with the Icon dies last.. You're the one who gets to control that, you'd have to be really incompetent as a general to take off your Standard Bearer first, aha.

If I ever run a MoN squad, the standard bearer is the very last to go, because if it's between a Champion and a MoN Marine.. the MoN marine will be tougher, and therefore will put up more of a fight.

I think Icons are fine the way they are - a brilliant idea imo.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Dreadclaws! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
We're less bland than Tyranids...

They have 3 main fleets, no specific units for each (unless you go right into the fluff)

Chaos atleast have specified stuff like Khorne Berserkers (Obviously specific to World Eaters) and Khârn the betrayer (Again, clearly a themed unit)
Tyranids just have units; only 2 special characters, who aren't fleet specific.

If anyone needs flavour, it's tyranids - But I only just bought their codex like a couple of months ago, in no hurry for a new one. :laugh:
I find it hard to make tyranids flavorful or having offshoots that are different. Remember, they are an army that is based around being a soulless, non thinking, non feeling bioengineered automatons that devour for the hivemind. How can they have any more flavor than bland at its core? They are like living necrons when it boils right down to it.

Yeah thats the sort of thing.

Ideally the four powers ought to get their own Dexs imo ( Shit if a mere thousand BAs get a book why not a whole bloody Legion of Thousand Sons etc)

Assuming that the Four powers won't get their own Dexs, then a Nilla (Probably Black Legion) CSM Dex with Characters to bring in Legion Rules, Hell it's a chance for GW to do some nice Legion Based Character minis too.

Iron Warriors Iron Priest= +1 HSupport.
Word Bearers Dark Apostle= Daemon Allies. ( GW Sell two books)
Alpha Legion = IG Troops as Allies ( GW sell you two Books)
and so on.

GW win on sales, we get flavour, minimum new rule writing. sorted.
They did that with the first Chaos Marines codex. It was sexy awesome but also confusing too. Anyone remember that back in that codex Huron had to take and use point values for vehicles from the ultramarines codex? This represented the fact that he wasn't from one of the original traitor legions but from a renegade chapter. Because he was a chapter based renegade he got the newer vehicles and wargear. Cool rules like that added flavor without huge amounts of special rules and extra pages of content. It did make sales of the ultramarines codex mandatory for a red corsairs/Huron player. Smart for GW right?

As for each power to get it's own codex, nah, they would be like 25 pages each and they would charge you full price. All together is fine, but make it so it is beneficial and detrimental to choose one power over the others or to mix them together. In the original codex, Khorne had animosity towards Slaanesh (and vise versa) and Tzeentch had animosity towards Nurgle (vise versa also) and had to roll on the animosity table to see if they would interact "peacefully" with each other every turn. That was flavorful and fun. Why is that so hard to include in the new codex? Simple rules that add so much to the overall feel and interaction of units.
The original codex took those old hard cover books, "Slaves to Darkness" and "The Lost and the Damned" and merged them together into one. It was cool but also so full of information and options a person could literally get so lost and confused he/she would go insane trying to make an army from it. Over stimulation and an overload of information.
Chaos marines have the chance to be the best codex as far as versatility and charisma it isn't even funny. It doesn't have to be the most powerful army on the table with super awesome powers and kill-all weapons either, but simply with more choices for the player to design an army other than making 'zerkers, noise marines, t-sons and plague marines a troop choice. Because right now, that is the "spice" of the current dex. If GW was smart they would include the ability to field allied demons/traitor guard using the IG and demon 'dexes. Also, uniqueness to specific gods is what is needed the most. Right now there is no benifit to choosing Khorne over Slaanesh for the theme other than colors. Because right now we can have troops that in theory hate each other working side by side like it was nothing. GW just needs to see that people like the fluff to actually mean something and make the next dex right with solid and simple yet interesting rules to add the spice that is missing from the current dex.

That is my opinion.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Like everyone else said Cultists would be a very good addition, as well as making armies a little more fluffy

·
Registered
322 Posts
A body guard for the lord, so no ID from a single pesky powerfist as soon as he gets in CC!!!!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts