Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been thinking about a white scars army, but before I set up the list (again), but first I must find out:

If a model on a bike has a gun, can he shoot his gun and the bikes bolters?

and if it isnt, would it be worth giving different weapons JUST IN CASE?

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
bike mounted models can fire one weapon per rider on the bike. for example, a biker with a meltagun, and the bike's twin linked bolters can fire either weapon but not both.
An attack bike, with two models can fire both the TL bolters and the heavy bolter/multimelta.

It is worth giving the biker another weapon though, as mounted Sm armies dont have much in the way of AT firepower. Therefore giving a biker a meltagun can really help, even if he isnt going to use it every turn.

·
Registered
57 Posts
As the man said that special weapon gives you the much needed AT ability. My melta toting biker has blown up many a tank as has my plasma gunner ... when he doesn't just blow up period. I've got a love / hate thing with plasma. :?

The melta works really well though, you can zoom right into that closer than 6 sweet spot and blow a hole straight through a tank :twisted:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've used them ok and I will continue. I love having 2 shots per gun (and I use 2 in my bike squad) when I get in range, nearly always because of the 4 shots they will both be effective and make up their points for me.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, my plan is to have 3 bike squads
1 with 2 flamers, captian with combi flamer and power weapon, makes for a good anti troop squad

1 with 2 plasma guns, capatian wirh plasma pistol and power fist, good against tougher opponets

1 with 2 meltas, cap with combimelta and thunder hammer, good against vehicles

that way i can play each squad to thier fullest strength

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love your squad choices I am not familiar with white scar rules but I run a pretty wicked bike squad as a back up for my HQ chap biker here is the list
Chaplain master
Space Marine Bike
Artificer Armour.........150
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
tech marine servo harness on bike...135
------------------------------------------------------
4 Space Marine Bikes
2 Plasma guns
term honors
power weapon
Attack Bike......208
This squad is my SUPER UBER CLOSE COMBAT SHOOTY HQ BIKE SQUAD!!!!
this can move up to 24 inches in a turn has two power fists attacks Nine power weapon attacks reroll misses in close combat on the charge. has three plasma weapons one that is twin linked has a flamer and a heavy bolter. and 7 twin linked storm bolters if I want to rain rapid fire hell within 12 inches. and with the signum I can reroll one miss each turn. oh yea and
I can split off my tech at any time to go repair my stuff. what do you guys think of it?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would be inclined to give both captains power weapons as the extra point of ini. is to useful to lose to a power fist, then give power fists to the sarge in the bike squads as you will need to kill four bikes before you hit him but the captain would be picked on.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
White scars have the swift as the wind and trust your battle brothers traits, thier drawback is flesh over steel.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Have you thought about ravenwing instead? If it is the whitescars fluff you like then I'll go away but the ravenwing heavy army will be much more effective if you want to play it competitively. IMO.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not that I dont love the ravenwing rules.....but I hate the dark angels with a passion. Aloof space marines who think killing the one bad guy instead of saving some other world will regain thier honor? And they dstroyed the crusade of the ophiedium gulf to retian thier secret, My Templars blood cries for revenge.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
It's worth nothing that, because of how the rules are worded when it comes to bikers with plasma guns (or other hand-held rapid fire weapons) do not get to count as stationary when it comes to shooting their hand-held weapon, but they *are* still able to charge after firing. (the 'counts as stationary' rule specifically references bike *mounted* weapons, while the additional rule about firing and charging makes no such stipulation)

So a plas biker who moves has the following options: Shoot bike bolters once at 24" or twice at 12", OR shoot plasma gun twice at 12". In either case, he may also charge.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ordo Xeno Commander said:
yea but one point, if you use your turbo-boost, unless you move into cover your prety screwed coz your vunerable for a whole turn
As far as I am aware you cannot (with bikes)turbo boost through or into difficult terrain. As for being vulnerable,your normal armor save becomes invulnerable against all shooting. As a marine that means a better save than any piece of terrain (barring bunkers) :?

Seems ok to me just see to it you don't get charged because then you are in a spot of bother :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts