Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

what army should i collect...nooby question i know

3K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  jigplums 
I also have a soft spot for Nurgle but your mention of the Hawk Lords is something that doesn't come up every day. If you want to really stand out then go for that I say. There was a short story I ready one time that mentioned Hawk Lord Land Raiders buzzing about and my imagination was ablaze with how awesome that must look.

Sweet Nurgle concept art btw.

For the most part I don't follow any online or WD advice on how to paint.

I dislike mixing if I can help it and WD over-focuses on that. It's too much work and requires you to remember it all.

Online info either suffers from this or refers to paints other than GW, which is of no use to me. I already spent a lot of money to have every GW paint there is--I'd rather not have to spend out even more. Often I feel excluded for painting GW miniatures exclusively with GW paints, which can be mildy irritating.

Online and WD examples also tend to be unrealistic in that most people reading the articles do not have anything approaching the same skill level.

My advice is to learn the absolute basics then experiment a lot on practice models or model parts. As long as you've put some effort into painting the models, be proud of whatever the results are.

Not only do I exclusively use GW paint, but my main colour is yellow. :) I'm for the most part content with the GW range (although it would be nice to be able to better do shiny steel). From what I've seen of a brief check, the Vallejo range is still quite pricey in the UK. Perhaps like most things it's a lot cheaper in the US?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.