Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a lack of this thread that i've seen in other forums so I'll start one shall I?

So, What are you reading?

Currently reading Masque Of The Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe

Just finished reading Fifty Shades Of Grey by E L James - It's not as bad as I was lead to believe by peoples reactions, Could just be me or the circle of friends I happen to have :wink:

·
Registered
303 Posts
The Flight of the Eisenstein by James Swallow. I've finished Legion recently, good stuff. I'm probably going to add Dan Abnett on my list of favourite writers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking more non BL literature when I started the thread :blush:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I was thinking more non BL literature when I started the thread :blush:
Not everyone is aware there are books that are not written by the Black Library! :giggle:

Currently on book 6 of the excellent 8 part World War series by Harry Turtledove....its the middle of WWII and the aliens decide to invade!
Spans about 30 years of history - well worth a read!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds brilliant, I'll need to see if my library stocks it, the rate in which i read books means that it is usually much better (and cheaper) to borrow rather than buy :blush:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Currently rereading Mechanicum, lol... although after that, I'll probably pick up Spellbound by Kelly Armstrong.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Currently reading Thousand Sons by McNeill. I think its fantastic, the descriptions of their psychic powers are excellent.

Also reading Why Does E=mc2?: (and Why Should We Care?) by Brian Cox. It's finally helping me understand special and general relativity by explaining it all in laymen's terms.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Currently reading Dark Tower VII by Stephen King. After that it's L.A. Confidential by James Ellroy.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Not everyone is aware there are books that are not written by the Black Library! :giggle:

Currently on book 6 of the excellent 8 part World War series by Harry Turtledove....its the middle of WWII and the aliens decide to invade!
Spans about 30 years of history - well worth a read!
I've got the first one in a boz somewhere......

His 'Great War' trilogy is pretty darned good :so_happy:

·
Registered
557 Posts
His 'Great War' trilogy is pretty darned good :so_happy:
If you like that one, try the one preceding it, and the seven following it.

·
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Acw?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ah. No, to answer the question, not really. The first is How Few Remain, set a few years after the ACW and revolves around the Second Mexican War. Then there's the Great War trilogy, then an interwar trilogy, followed by a you-guessed-it four book sequence.

·
8,723 Posts
Ah. No, to answer the question, not really. The first is How Few Remain, set a few years after the ACW and revolves around the Second Mexican War. Then there's the Great War trilogy, then an interwar trilogy, followed by a you-guessed-it four book sequence.
How Few Remain could be what I was thinking of. If that's the one that involves time-travel and AK's....?

·
Registered
557 Posts
How Few Remain could be what I was thinking of. If that's the one that involves time-travel and AK's....?
No, that's Guns of the South, which to my knowledge has no sequels or prequels. How Few Remain is in a completely separate timeline.

·
8,723 Posts
No, that's Guns of the South, which to my knowledge has no sequels or prequels. How Few Remain is in a completely separate timeline.
Bah, my brain hurts :laugh:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts