1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Necrons?

Tau?

Eldar?

This is solely for Apocalypse games, for ways to ally 'Nids with other races, as Dark Eldar and Chaos don't really trip my trigger.

My idea on Necrons was to have a hivefleet that the Necrons crafted/enhanced to be their own. They recognized the power behind a hivefleet, and how easy it would be to unleash these creatures on the universe, then have them return to their masters only to be slain.

Meh it was an idea, and I'm interested in starting Necrons/Tau/Eldar armies.

(Genestealer Cults always make sense to me for this. ;D)

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Ummmmm... Necrons are the anti-thesis to the Nids... there is always mention of how the Tyranids Hive Fleets that are completely devouring planets will all of sudden just by pass one lowly planet... later on it turns out that this planet is a Necron tomb world. They believe it has to do with Necrons hateing the warp and having anti psycher Pariahs and the like thereby distrurbing the darkness that is the shadow in the warp Hivemind.

Otherwise you can say that the Necrons used their anti psycher abilities to "coral" the Tyrnaids to attack targets of the Necrons choosing to make them more vulnerable to attack by the Necrons.

For Tau we have... well... ummm... Maybe the Tyranids are ignoring them due to the Tau having zero psychic presence... OR... the Tau have some kind of technological mind control over the Tyranids.. think big dog collars or remote control devices.. I could just see a Tau Earth Caste scientist showing off controlling a Carnifex to an Ethereal caste member and the Ethereal saying something along the lines of "was that a Kroot Gnarlac he just ate?"

Eldar would have to have something along the lines of an extremely strong psychic presence controlling the Nids... I could see some Farseer pushing the limits of his powers for extended periods of time trying to mimic the effect of the hive mind over small groups of Tyranids... background fluff might be that the Eldar killled the hive fleet that these Nids came from and the Farseer thought these Nids could be used in the short term as cannon fodder so hes pushing his abilities to the limits to try and defeat whatever foe you are fighting at the time.

Thats just some simple ideas for ya..

·
Registered
40 Posts
to be honest i cant see the tyranids allying with anyone.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to be honest i cant see the tyranids allying with anyone.
That being the problem that this topic is trying to solve.

Thanks however, to Bishop.
Having not known any fluff on Tau until tonight when I read the codex, I had assumed that the two races would control the nids with psychic power.
I found soon enough that Tau have no psychic power. >.>;

At any rate, who wouldn't want Tau firepower with Nid meat shields?

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
The Tau. lolz. I read somewhere the Tau fear the Nids' above all else because they cannot be reasoned with in any way. Even Chaos can be told what they're doing is wrong. Except you just have to tell them the people on the next planet make better sandbags.

-Dirge

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
It wouldn't be too far-fetched to suggest Genestealer Cults in the Tau Empire, would it? If the Tau have zero psychic ability (I didn't know that either) imagine the disruption when psykers start popping up. Especially if they're Ethereals. What about all these wars, expansions, and general disruption both in and by the Tau Empire lately. Maybe a Genestealer Cult, with a substantial part of the Tau military, is right now at work in the upper echelons of Tau society, perverting it from the cause of the Greater Good to the maddened impulses of the insanely hungry...

Eldar? No frumelling way, dude. Though TBH I really like the idea that the Eldar are so arrogant they think they can control 'nids like dogs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Necrons would use the 'nids to exterminate the opposition then turn on them after to cleanse the planet.

Eldar or Tau might use a new weapon to veil their presence from the 'nids and so are ignored.

or the hive mind wants to save the best for last, and the "ally" doesn't look a gift 'nid in the mouth

the Tau may have tried to breed bio weapons out of the 'nid as the imperium has tried to do before, with disastorous results later. but in the mean time...

·
Registered
428 Posts
It may be a bad thing to bring up but the apoc allies chart states only chaos, Dark Eldar, and Orks can ally with nids. Throwing the chart out the window though just use the logic that the chart uses: The two forces just happen to be attacking the same place at the same time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts