Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
4,491 Posts
Vulkan.

Oh, and Mephiston. Not necessarily "cheesy", but a normal looking dude with the stats of a Trygon? I think the authors fucked that one up.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Abbaddon, I never played a Game against him, but him and 2 Chaos termies took out Kharn a 8 man unit of Beserkers on the charge. Kharn scored 1 wound, and Abby killed 8 Zerkers. PF Termie killed Kharn. He also byhimself killed 2 Daemon Princes, and 5 Fiends of my Ally in the same game.

His worst enemy though is Lash into Dangerous Terrain :laugh:.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I would say Eldrad and Pedro are extremely cheesy.

Most eldar lists contain eldrad and nealy anyone I know picks pedro just to get scoring sternguard.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vulkan.

Oh, and Mephiston. Not necessarily "cheesy", but a normal looking dude with the stats of a Trygon? I think the authors fucked that one up.
well the man did rip his way out of a trygons belly after fighting off a horde of nids. Getting back on topic From my experiences marneus calgar and retinue suck when fire dragons are close enough

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
In my view seriously the cheesiest character is either Logan Grimmar or The Sanguinor. Some times I will stare at these rules and say to myself what is this author thinking
Really. I have an Ironclad. He's not so cheesy now. you now have 200+pts stuck in battle with a 150 odd pts modal that it can't touch. Ya it would take a whiel to kill him but he's effectivly out of the battle.

Marneus Calgar
Ya ke can be annyoing but just attack him with mass power weaons and he goes down easily.

Ok i have to agree there somewhat. 2+/3++ saves plus his "special rule" of making all flamers and meltas even more bad ass make him insane for his points.

I would also add in Lysander as 2+/3++ save, Stubbon, 4 wounds and Eternal warrior is hard to kill. Also the Swarmlord is almsot impossible to beat in combat with the onyl one who stands a change is Mephiston and if he fails to kill him he WILL die. Also Tyrant guard and NOT being an IC make him even more bad ass.
Mehpison is a wimkp as the righjt weapons can kill him easily thans to no invunrable save and he can instant killed...my Wraithcannons will have fun.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really. I have an Ironclad. He's not so cheesy now. you now have 200+pts stuck in battle with a 150 odd pts modal that it can't touch. Ya it would take a whiel to kill him but he's effectivly out of the battle.

Well your not thinking of the fact he can fall back 3d6 inches and he makes a Sergent a mini HQ

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Lysander and Pedro are less than abusive - Bolter Drill is useless on a character built for an assault, and +1 ttack on those built for shooting?

Vulkan and Pedro together could be a damn interesting combination - but the fact is, it's Vulkan's Chapter Tactics which make that deadly - NB - I don't have the book to hand, but I think Sternguard are scoring as long as Pedro's present, while Chapter Tactics Vulkan provides the Combi Weapons the hitting power.

But yeah, both of those are not Cheesiest. Cheesy is when your entire benefits from OTT special such as Redeploying units and Twinlinking the 2 most powerful weapons of 5th edition (the flamer and melta).

Relentless Long Fangs, not too bad, but then again, that's also splitting Logan's strength - in an assault. FC is nice on assault units, but you've got to get there, and FCing a single unit is hardly OP.

Many people complained about the Creed, Kell, and Alrahem combination - 55 Outflanking FC Guardsmen - until people realised that was exactly what it was, Guardsmen.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
491 Posts
Vulkan, for helping his army so much and being so survivable at his cost.

Mephiston, for blending A+ grade CC -and- psyker powers. They weren't just happy giving him natural S6 to intant-death every Eldar in existence; he can upgrade himself to S10 attacks at a better I than 99% of the models of the game and still use other powers, while rerolling everything against ICs. Really, he is the poster boy for codex creep. His sole flaw, the lack of invul, vanishes when you put him in a squad!

Really, they should at least have the decency to make him a lone wolf. He has better T and more wounds than some -squads- of Death Guard I've seen on the table.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Although he isn't the toughest, Yriel.

4 no save attacks wounding on a 2+ and a str6 Ap3 5" template per battle.

Phil kelly's thought process: "And to kill space marines Eldar can have......"

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
As a competitive gamer, I don't really believe that any character is "cheese," but some are certainly better than others.

The best special characters I would put under two categories: those that serve as a force multiplier for the army, and those that are incredibly versatile/strong in their own right but do not help the army.

First Category would have to include Vulkan, Ghazkull, Eldrad, and Logan. All of them give soo much to their respective armies in the form of opening up new (and effective) FOC slots, TL weapons, 6" waaagh, etc. Three of them are also very effective in CC too.

Second Category would include Mephiston, Abaddon, and the Swarmlord. All three are absolute beasts in close combat and will rip squads apart. The Swarmlord does have some nice abilities to help out those around him but CC is where he really shines.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vulkan, for helping his army so much and being so survivable at his cost.

Mephiston, for blending A+ grade CC -and- psyker powers. They weren't just happy giving him natural S6 to intant-death every Eldar in existence; he can upgrade himself to S10 attacks at a better I than 99% of the models of the game and still use other powers, while rerolling everything against ICs. Really, he is the poster boy for codex creep. His sole flaw, the lack of invul, vanishes when you put him in a squad!

Really, they should at least have the decency to make him a lone wolf. He has better T and more wounds than some -squads- of Death Guard I've seen on the table.
He Isnt a independent character so you cant attach him to the squad thats why they gave him 5 wounds

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

Well your not thinking of the fact he can fall back 3d6 inches and he makes a Sergent a mini HQ
can't fall back while inh combat as he is fearless and doesn't have combat tactics. Also i don't care as he is expensive at 275pts and i just held you up and will kill you with a 140pts modal.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Yeah, jaws, if you play people who would let that character get into combat with something he can't kill you play with dipshits who need to be brained and made into servitors because they're worthless otherwise.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
The last chancers, sure there awesome, but fighting an entire unit of special characters is.................oh hang on, they no longer exist, shit.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i would have to say that Vulkan is the cheese of 40k. he gives the entire army the ability to twin-link not just flamers but meltas and does something cool with thunder hammers. that is the most cheese i have ever seen.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I would say Vulkan is the cheesiest also. There was hardly any Salamander armies before he came out. I'm not complaining though, its nice to see new chapters get used.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts