Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The WH and DH codex can now be downloaded...

and GW removed the part about taking them with other armies!

You can still take IG and SM with WH, but you can't do the Inquisitor + Mystic trick with other armies.

Edit: read it again...no more allies of any kind for DH, only allies WITH for WH

·
Registered
118 Posts
IST's are part of the DH dex, not allied in from IG, so you still have them, dont worry. im unsure of allies being no longer allowed though, as many who have the paper dex will still have those rules in them. i think theyll have to FAQ or errata this one.

·
Registered
436 Posts
It ought to be interesting. Almost every single Space Marine player that I saw at Ard Boyz semi finals that wasn't running Blood Angels, had an Inquisitor w/ Mystics.

This little change is going to be missed by a lot of people and will invalidate a few lists.

Oh well, more power to the Deepstriking DOM!

·
Registered
16 Posts
So, what do you think this means for the Inquistion armies? It looks like they no longer wish to physically publish the books. But does this mean they're pending an update in some "near" future or are the lines being unofficially discontinued?

·
Registered
118 Posts
pending an update, GK before SoB, and possibly some form of expansion thingy for Inquisitors, though the specifics of if/how/when this will be done the Emperor alone knows

·
Registered
118 Posts
if they left stuff alone, we would all be playing RT with tanks made from deoderant cans and matchsticks. i like change^

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I would expect new books out for GK and SoB some time in the next 12 months, and an Inquisition book out some time after that. It sounds like the ground is being prepared for some sort of significant change.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Wtf? Well... Then... I wont allow myself to listen to that cheap (Well... It is free) version of a codex, I bought the real life papper copy for 22€ a few months ago, and then that piece of cheapness tries to tell me that I cant use my Space Marines with my Grey Knights???! Well, I am not gona listen to that, so If I wold be going to tournament with my army before a new codex is released, I would bring my current army, and If anyone would say that it is against the rules to have an allied force, then I will push his head deep into my god damn codex and show him these clear lines:

"By the authority of the Immortal Emperor of Mankind"

The following units may be used in a daemonhunters army to represent units which have been temporarily put under the command of an Inquisitor Lord or an Grey Knights Hero. They occupy spaces in the force organisation chart according to the heading they are listed under here.

+ Some bullshit I could not be arsed to write... P.30-31 Codex Daemonhunters

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
tbh, the changes in the pdf will cause some intresteing disareements in game. now i have both of the originonal books, and will continue to use em. and if anyone says, but the allies are gone from the PDF and "you must" use that, i will nicely tell em what to do with the odf while i have origionals, seeing as my printers too fucked to print too much out anyway

·
Registered
118 Posts
for myself, i dont think this is an attempt at losing the allies rules, probably a bad bit of editing.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Wtf? Well... Then... I wont allow myself to listen to that cheap (Well... It is free) version of a codex, I bought the real life papper copy for 22€ a few months ago, and then that piece of cheapness tries to tell me that I cant use my Space Marines with my Grey Knights???! Well, I am not gona listen to that, so If I wold be going to tournament with my army before a new codex is released, I would bring my current army, and If anyone would say that it is against the rules to have an allied force, then I will push his head deep into my god damn codex and show him these clear lines:

"By the authority of the Immortal Emperor of Mankind"

The following units may be used in a daemonhunters army to represent units which have been temporarily put under the command of an Inquisitor Lord or an Grey Knights Hero. They occupy spaces in the force organisation chart according to the heading they are listed under here.

+ Some bullshit I could not be arsed to write... P.30-31 Codex Daemonhunters
Actually, that rule you're referring to states that space marines can't be included in a DH force that has grey knights. You can include grey knights in a space marine army though, iirc.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Truth is a PDF should be allowed to use as Chpater Aprrove, however cannot be expected to be used if you dont own a CPU, or Printer, thus the Original Book is still cannon and if forked the cash for it. Simple as that, your cheap you use the PDF rules. If you forked the cash (which rates higher in GW, ask any official GW manager) you use their rules, Simple really.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Cant agree to these statements. The pdf is the new offical rules. They override your old codexs. To say "I paid money for this codex and so i'm not using that horrid pdf" is an irrevlent statement. No more valid than a chaos player going "I paid for this old codex which I like more than the new codex so i'm going to use this one."

They are the new offical rules released by GW. Read them, learn them, use them, they are the rules.

When an erreta is released it is an offical rules document, whether you own a cpu or printer or not.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
thing is, they never said it was an errata, plus the only players screwed over are excisting DH/WH players, as anyone who downloads the PDFs wont be buying any models utill there re-released

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Cant agree to these statements. The pdf is the new offical rules. They override your old codexs. To say "I paid money for this codex and so i'm not using that horrid pdf" is an irrevlent statement. No more valid than a chaos player going "I paid for this old codex which I like more than the new codex so i'm going to use this one."

They are the new offical rules released by GW. Read them, learn them, use them, they are the rules.

When an erreta is released it is an offical rules document, whether you own a cpu or printer or not.

Well, there is a clear difference between an old version of a codex and a new one for a new edition of the game, but this is a different thing, cause the codex is basically the same as the one people bought from the store, just that there are a few things missing, and I dont think that anyone would hate someone who uses the real life kick ass codex rules for allies, as most people prefer to have the real life versions instead of a PDF version. And I have not got a printer, not planing to get one just for this, I am going to stick with the book that costs as much as 2,5 Black Library books.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts

Also if it was an erata, whers the updated rules for GK assult cannons and LR, and updated points cost for rhinos and chimira's. plus they wouldnt leave the rules out for what counts as a grey for the special rules, I.E Shrouding, in the origional codex, only GKT's, PAGK's and GK heros benifited from the rule, now that section is gone, i can now claim my GK dreads and land raiders are now covered by the Shrouding rule!!!

EDIT: right i just had a another look at the PDF on the GW uk site, and now all special rules for grey knights are gone, so no fearless, shrouding or true grit, there all gone, oh and still no FOC chart.
And thats the UK version, dont know about other versions yet, if someone can check the others and see what changed in there and let us know.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Looks like they are making a lot of regular changes to the codex. This might be the build up to the GK codex, as a separate codex from Daemonhunters.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts