Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if a world similur to that in WFB be possible in the 40kvers?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
A world that's barely into Black Powder technology and sorcery with multiple races on it? That's absolutely possible, of course if it was discovered by the Imperium it would be bombed back into the stone age to get rid of the other races and if the Imperium decided that the use of sorcery was too prevalent then they might just declare exterminatus on it.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
^^^ This is how Warhammer will end. With the arrival of the Great Crusade. ^^^

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
for years we always thought that the WHF world was the precursor to the WH40k world until a similiar arguement happened at the GW where i come from. I mean i always thought in my naiviety before getting to know the WH40K that the old gods were actually the Primarchs until i was corected by somoene on the old BL forums.
i know that there is a lot of people that believe Sigmar was a lost Primarch but i read somewhere that the WH world was believed to be a world of the Imperium just left alone with the billions of other worlds.
i mean if the Marines came here theyd see the Elves as Eldar for a start...i have to agree with the baron on this point they would get cycloned to hell. although Ulric and Russ aren't so far apart really...hmm theres an idea

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wasn't chaos introduced into the Warhammer world by the collapse of warp gates which used to be maintained by the alien Old Slann? Or is that old fluff (I don't play warhammer anymore). If this still applies then it gives a link to the 40k verse.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the idea of it all being one in the same. Just that WHF world has been forgoten.

Also if i'm not mistaken, The Old Ones apear in both 40k and WHF. So thats anther link between the two.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
GW has stated that the WHFB world and 40k are in different universes.

I hold to the theory that the 2 universes can be considered in the form of a layered cake- neither layer is connected directly but between the 2 is the jam (in this case the Warp/Realm of Chaos), a medium that intersects both.

The Old Ones were masters of travelling the Warp in their web way tunnels and were known for seeding worlds with new life, it's entirely possbile that they were able to travel to more than just the Warp and the 40k reality, they could have 'imported' the races now present on the WHFB world from the 40k one.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I hold to the theory that the 2 universes can be considered in the form of a layered cake- neither layer is connected directly but between the 2 is the jam (in this case the Warp/Realm of Chaos), a medium that intersects both.
So why haven't the dark eldar invaded the WHF universe yet?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
So why haven't the dark eldar invaded the WHF universe yet?
The Old Ones knew how to navigate the Webway and use it to it's full potential, the eldar race are but pale shadows when compared to their creators- they don't create permanent Webway portals, so with the destruction of the Portals linked to the WHFB world they wouldn't be able to raid there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts