·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WWP Fuegan Wall

Fuegan 220
4 Spirit Seers, Spear of Teuthlas 295

5 Wraithblades 160
Wave Serpent, Scatterlasers, Holofield 135 (deployed empty)
2x 3 Windrider Jetbikes 102

2x 5 Warp Spiders 190

Hemonculus, WWP 85

5 harlequins, Shadowseer, Death Jester, Shrieker Cannon, 2 Fusion Pistols 150

2x 3 Wracks Venom, Dual Splinter Cannon 190

6 Reavers, 2 Caltrops, 2 Blaster, Arena Champion, Venom Blade 217

Talos, Splinter Cannon, Liquifier Gun 105

So the now that there is no restriction using a webway portal for our Eldar it qould seem the shadow council looks a lot better now. They pack 8 WC and the Shadowseer adds one more now. Nice.

So to begin we have two units that can hurt in cc. Both will also do a little AA with ease. So who goes through the portal? Interestingly, all the HQs can go in any unit. I can deploy the haemie with wracks or wraithblades or harlies. I can split the seers between squads. I know that I'm going to have a battle focused, furious charging possible quickened squad of Wraithblades. With renew up Fuegan becomes beastly.

The Harlies will be tough to target moving up so likely a good place to put the Haemie rather than popping out the portal. Reavers, Talos and Wraithblades seem the prime units for that. The list will be quick despite the two foot slogging units. It has plenty of units zipping about.

When making a list we look at these components to see if we have the lements for success ...

- does it have AA? Well Spiders and a Wave Serpent will have to suffice. Eldar/DE hav mediocre AA but this list like most has the minimum requirement.

- does it have AT? Mst certainly. There are multiple units that can handle the AT duties.

- does it have AI? Indeed it does with two units that will hurt you cc and dakka to whittle you down. Reavers have great utility as AI with AT. Spiders and Harlies do both duties as well quite nicely. And then we have the ubiquitous Shadow Council with Fuegan fronting everything.

- In 7ed we need scoring units. How does the list fare. Well we have a lot of units that are Objective secured. Eight to be precise. And then we have all the secondary scoring. Dedicated transports score and in this list we will use that to our advantage.

- Does the list have speed, different deployment options and the ability to reposition to capture objectives for missions. Yes, yes and yes. HQs are quite flexible in deployment, reserves can arrive by portal or board edge, Spiders can DS ... it can mess with an opponent's plans.

- Does it have psychic defense. Certainly .. It has nine WC - certainly no daemon list but adequate against a lot of other lists.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I think the biggest issue with WWP is the fact the unit can't assault the turn it comes thru it.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I think the biggest issue with WWP is the fact the unit can't assault the turn it comes thru it.
that's why i've been using it to bring squishy shooters midtable to abuse blasters and liquefier guns (with DE, obviously)
wraithblades are tough enough to resist a turn of shooting and reavers and talos will benefit greatly from it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'd boost the Wraithblades up to 10 men. There very powerful then. At 5 models they're rather lackluster. What are the wraithblades armed with.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With ghost axes and force shields. The squad is not lacklustre. Fuegan is a beast unto himself. There are four Seers in the squad also and they have furious charge too. Fuegan wants to lose a wound or two and keep renewing to gain str and attacks. He has crushing blow and split fire fire pike. The squad should be just fine.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have run and continue to run a Shadow Council with blades. Its an INSANE sleeper unit. My META is mega competive, so I run it against some very skilled players; one of whom is in the top 10 or 15 on TOF. Depending on what I run with it, they can smash face good.

That being said I would make a few changes:
Easy E (eldrad) in place of Mr. F. Few reasons, the biggest being that you can roll all on the the fates, and have an 85% chance or so getting fortune. Once I had Fortune I would most likely roll on tele. The big thing is that fortune will get you through that first round of daka. With tele you have a chance at invis, and you might want Scream. The SS's will have a good shot at Horrify, and that my friend is like hot women and bikinis....they go together. Easy E also is 4 more WCs, and at LVL 4 you are getting some sweet DtW rolls vs shooting and maladictions. He also gives you the ability to counter deploy d3 units. This will work to get the Haemy where you need him. The other power you really want from the SSs is protect. This will give your unit a 2+/4++ rerollable at T6. Thats a whole lot of F Ya.

As you have sermised, you are very weak on AA. Skyblight is going to become ever more popular as it continues to make the top touney rungs. Its alot to handle. At the Guardian Cup one TROUNCED a seer council in the finals. (Frontline Gaming's GTA's council). I played the Skyblight winner for my first match. In that match I killed 5 or 7 FMCs and 3 units of gargs that all came back...I lost even with all that. You need to plan for that.

I think the big hole in your plan is a footslogging Haemy with the WWP. Good luck, that guy gets burned turn one you have squat. Perhaps I am wrong but you need to place the portal from the model carrying it during the shooting phase. A WWP is not a fortification.

So here are my list of changes:
One set of wracks in a raider with the Haemy (this will get you a foot beyond the forward most deployment to set up your portal)
Ditch the harlies, five are nothing and do you no good.
Nilla the reavers, at least no champ and caltrops.
Go dakka.

Here is what can and will go wrong. You want to get deeper into enemy territory, so elect to turbo. Turn two rolls around and all your reserves come in.....but no portal. OR you move up six, disembark your six and get a zero net use out of the thing. In all honesty you need an autarch or some way of manipulating your reserve rolls. Its a great idea but will in all likelihood burn you.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay ... i'm gonna follow some of the advice ...

Fuegan 220
5 Spirit Seers, Spear of Teuthlas 365

6 Wraithblades 192
2x 3 Windrider Jetbikes, Shuriken Cannons 122

2x 7 Warp Spiders 190

2x Hemonculus, WWP 170

3 Wracks Venom, Dual Splinter Cannon, Grisly Trophy 100
3 Wracks Venom, Dual Splinter Cannon 95

6 Reavers, 2 Caltrops, 2 Blaster, Arena Champion, Venom Blade 217

Talos, Splinter Cannon, Liquifier Gun 105

- 1850- 10 WC - 7 OS troops

I think I'm going to have to concede AA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts